Data Transfer Timeout Error

Since the last update (build 1084) I am not able to join my own dedicated server, I just get 'Data Transfer Timeout'. Others are able to join with no issue and I can join other servers. I saw there was an issue with some virus protection programs especially ESET (which I do not use). I have checked to make sure mine is not blocking it as well. Has anyone else had this issue or know what else may be causing it?
Timeout.PNG

There's a nice big sticky on the official ISI forum regarding this error:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...rs-Data-Transfer-Timeout-and-Password-Invalid
Thanks but I had already checked there before I posted this. As I stated above I do not use ESET and have verified the virus protection I use has exceptions set so it is not blocking it. I am using the steam client to run the server and all the correct ports are open on my router and firewall. Other have no issue joining I just can't join my own.

It sounds like either a routing or firewall issue. One thing you can try is using the +connect IP:pORT command line option for the Launcher (make a shortcut for it) and see if that allows you to connect. However, these issues are very hard to diagnose so I can't get much more specific than this.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back