D-Box vs Prosimu

HugoB

Premium
Hi fellow simracers,

I’m interested if anyone has experience with both motion platforms and if you could tell the price difference is worth it? I understand Prosimu has a new actuator the ‘PRS 200’:

http://www.prosimu-shop.com/en/75-t1000.html

It has double the speed of the D-Box actuators and comes in 100/150/200 millimeters travel, which is 4/6/8 Inches equivalent. The 6 inch D-Box cost 36.000 USD for 4 if I’m correct. The Prosimu 6 inches cost 9800 USD for 4. That’s more than three times as much, is D-Box three times better?

I understand D-Box uses it’s own software for the motion and works pretty good with almost every game. Prosimu uses Simtools 2.0. Can you get the exact same feedback from the D-Box setup as from the Prosimu?

I understand D-Box actuators are magnetic and therefore completely silent and very reliable. The Prosimu PRS 200 are brushless motors, their latest product, these are much stronger, much more silent than the old SCN6 actuators. They claim that they are double the speed of the D-Box (2g vs 1g) and can lift 200kg per actuator compared to D-Box 114kg per actuator.

So whats the deal here? Double the performance for 1/3 the price? Does the PRS 200 with Simtools 2.0 perform exactly the same as the D-Box? But only a bit louder and less longevity? Does anyone have experience with Simtools 2.0 on motion, compared to D-Box software, does it have the same detailed feedback?

Thanks!

Hugo

I was just taking the piss that a system that is clearly aimed at simulator enthusiasts advertises working with developers whose games are commonly considered non sim.

And the Project Cars adverts only adds to that sentiment.

I've got no beef with them. Just found it amusing.

I realise that and I am having a bit of fun too. This is quality marketing and aimed at people with high incomes or cash to burn. That's why the sims you jest about are the chosen "partners" As that generates a much larger potential customer audience based on the facts that more people play those than any of the "more serious" or deemed "hardcore" simulators that enthusiasts may desire.

Although to be fair you could have an immense amount of fun, immersion and entertainment with such. I don't knock it but their pricing has always been very high, even since the first home cinema motion seats.

Upvote 0
I'd love to try one just to compare how intricate the motion is translated as opposed to something like the SFX-100 system. I mean it must be able to justify some of its price somewhere.

Upvote 0
It seems iRacing and PT-ACTUATOR are doing a collab at the moment...

1-20032611193L18.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi everybody !

Anthony here, from PROSIMU.

In order to help this topic, and for those of you who are interested in knowing more about our PRS200™ actuators, here's the latest related brochure: Click here

If you have any question, whether it's PRS200™ related or not, feel free to contact us here, on our website or on social media. We will be more than happy to answer :).

Have a good day everyone !

I'm looking for a motion sim setup to try and simulate real street stock cars on dirt. One option I've been considering is a simlab px-1 and then i ran across Prosimu and visited your website. It mentions the P7MP available soon so I've waited several weeks for information. However, to my disappointment, I found this post and coming soon seems to date back to July 2019 and even found one thread talking about it back in 2018. Th'at's misleading and makes me have doubts now. Do you have specifics about the P7MP and dates you can share before I rule this platform out?

Upvote 0
I'm looking for a motion sim setup to try and simulate real street stock cars on dirt. One option I've been considering is a simlab px-1 and then i ran across Prosimu and visited your website. It mentions the P7MP available soon so I've waited several weeks for information. However, to my disappointment, I found this post and coming soon seems to date back to July 2019 and even found one thread talking about it back in 2018. Th'at's misleading and makes me have doubts now. Do you have specifics about the P7MP and dates you can share before I rule this platform out?

Hi,
We have an official post where you could find the last informations about our brand and about the P3MP/P7MP platform.

Thanks

Patrick

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play