D -Box 4250i G3 VS Next Level Traction Plus and V3

Just catching up and all I will add is that having used a Gen 5 D-Box system since June, I find myself regularly upping the motion sliders well over default. This has typically been the opposite experience when previously also using an NLRv3 similar to Heli above.

According to software, a setting of 40 is typically default with steps of 6 doubling the effect. In some or many cases I am pushing motion axes upwards of 52. Granted I want a rollercoaster and lately ive been playing more arcade games like FH5 and Grid Legends so it kind of fits, especially when showing off to others. iRacing in comparison feels fine scaled back closer to default or with a smaller bump in my testing. ACC, I think I run 46 ish.

I don’t feel I’m being shaken around, but rather the sensation is just more apparent. It can be subtle at default and a Bit scaled back from the feeling of being rocked as using the NLRv3. Though the advantages with D-Box I still find outweigh the seat mover.

I am also using monitors and without some in-game compensation, such as dash motion, it can further temper the feel. I do notice that some titles have locked horizons in dash cam, so your dash/hood/car is always stable while the environment might move independently and it can create an awkward feel as your car on screen is static but the rig is bounding. Just a subtle effect that i wish more sims have settings for as the motion feels more natural in games where the dash is moving with the surface changes. Certainly its such a niche use case as I’m not sure controller players or those on static rigs care too have the dash tilting and zooming about while playing.

It does push me to want to consider VR. I expect this setup shines with it and everything is amplified.

I will add that I have noticed some neat haptic effects that my tactile cannot reproduce. Splashing through water for instance in FH5, gives a very unique effect and feel through the rig that i was not expecting. Initially I had the haptics turned off as I relied on my transducers for vibrations, but lately I am having both working in tandem as there are a number of effects that feel unique to the D-Box.

I do wish the effect tooltips did a better job describing what D-box is doing. Some sliders leave me questioning what they actually do outside the obvious, like motion and engine. More explanation when hovering would be ideal, especially for a mature system.
52 is a lot !!! :)

I keep most setting at 46-48 but I tend to lower left/right to 40. I have had to bump up engine and road texture haptics because my gseat doesn’t transmit vibration anywhere near the level my carbon fiber seat did. I tend to prioritize road texture over engine vibration.

52 is a lot !!! :)

I keep most setting at 46-48 but I tend to lower left/right to 40. I have had to bump up engine and road texture haptics because my gseat doesn’t transmit vibration anywhere near the level my carbon fiber seat did. I tend to prioritize road texture over engine vibration.
Heh, I suppose 52 is a lot? I dunno, I worried at first that it was pushing it too hard, but in practice it feels more embellished in movements, but not really to an extreme. I mean it rocks the rig, but it isn't like throwing me around either. Granted I am used to the NLRv3 that could really toss you in the seat(different I know).

The default 40 setting in almost all cases always feels so quiet in any game that I do find I am pushing between 46-52 as the movements are way too subtle otherwise. It's only really a select few games I go to 52, not all of them.

But also VR players may find 40 is plenty. Or others may be way more sensitive to motion effects than I am. Actually I think Will at Boosted Media says he actually turns down the movement from default, which I just cannot imagine.

I did try out DR 2.0 and it is really impressive. I think I tried it at 46 or 49 and all the bumps and gravel and surface detail really comes through well! I also only tried with the slowest cars like the Mini given I never play and spent a lot of time trying to dial in my wheel settings(default its sooooo heavy on my DD2, so I had to play with sliders to lighten the turning). Didn't really get a chance to test haptics much. I had them set I think ~43 for surface and suspension effects and they were pretty active(Engine haptics I do usually turn off as I let transducers handle mostly), but I will need to play around. They definitely were giving out some grunt as I slid all about. Its fun though! The little hops in this and Forza are so exhilarating to feel!

Would be interested to trade effects as I feel I am constantly alt-tabbing to make adjusts and am curious what others run at.

Heh, I suppose 52 is a lot? I dunno, I worried at first that it was pushing it too hard, but in practice it feels more embellished in movements, but not really to an extreme. I mean it rocks the rig, but it isn't like throwing me around either. Granted I am used to the NLRv3 that could really toss you in the seat(different I know).

The default 40 setting in almost all cases always feels so quiet in any game that I do find I am pushing between 46-52 as the movements are way too subtle otherwise. It's only really a select few games I go to 52, not all of them.

But also VR players may find 40 is plenty. Or others may be way more sensitive to motion effects than I am. Actually I think Will at Boosted Media says he actually turns down the movement from default, which I just cannot imagine.

I did try out DR 2.0 and it is really impressive. I think I tried it at 46 or 49 and all the bumps and gravel and surface detail really comes through well! I also only tried with the slowest cars like the Mini given I never play and spent a lot of time trying to dial in my wheel settings(default its sooooo heavy on my DD2, so I had to play with sliders to lighten the turning). Didn't really get a chance to test haptics much. I had them set I think ~43 for surface and suspension effects and they were pretty active(Engine haptics I do usually turn off as I let transducers handle mostly), but I will need to play around. They definitely were giving out some grunt as I slid all about. Its fun though! The little hops in this and Forza are so exhilarating to feel!

Would be interested to trade effects as I feel I am constantly alt-tabbing to make adjusts and am curious what others run at.
The ability to be subtle yet intense, with out being a roller coaster ride is the beauty of the system.

I have stuck between 46-49 as I agree 40 feels to low. The exceptions are left right as I feel that roll can be too much at higher settings, and engine vibration because I prioritize road texture.

Once you move up to the faster cars it is just an amazing amazing fun experience. The slower cars are definitely more tame dbox experiences.

Wait until you have damaged a car so that it is struggling to move forward (I am not condoning this :)). The immersion of the engine and transmission being out of sync as you limp and lurch along is really wild!

Forza is really fun to! A lot actually!

Last thing is a lot also depends on the game. Race SPA in F1 2021, ACC, and Automobilista 2 and you will have very different dbox experiences.

Last edited:
Last thing is a lot also depends on the game. Race SPA in F1 2021, ACC, and Automobilista 2 and you will have very different dbox experiences.
Yea indeed Forza is super fun. I’ve actually done the intro Hot Wheels race multiple times just because it’s so thrilling! I also often make it the first introduction any friends or family have in the rig. :)

Will try those Spa races to compare!

Last edited:

I think that generalizing may be tough. As an example the front of my rig has a lot more weight over it than most people's rig's have. Also people weigh different amounts and have different gear that may or may not have issues with certain frequencies.

The D-Box will respond differently depending on how much weight is over each transducer and how high the seat is etc..

If everyone had a heavy metal frame to secure each actuator to, the responses people had would be more uniform.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.