• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Custom shifter paddles for Fanatec universal hub?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by RaceWasGood, May 12, 2017.

1. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +88
    I use an aftermarket deep(er) dish rim and would like to get the shifter paddles a bit closer to the rim. Spacers might be an option, but i'd prefer custom made paddles. Do you guys have any recommendations/tips where to look? Thanks!

2. rocafella1978

rocafella1978
    Premium

Ratings:
    +95
  3. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +88
    Thanks @rocafella1978 They look like nice products, reasonably priced and all, but i don't quite see how they would solve my problem. Did i miss something?

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  4. rocafella1978

rocafella1978
    Premium

Ratings:
    +95
    he sells spacers and paddles seperately

5. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +88
    OK, must have missed that. I'll take a closer look.

6. rocafella1978

rocafella1978
    Premium

Ratings:
    +95
    you can always email Martin directly / or contact page. he is very helpful.

7. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +88
    Just to sum this up in case it might be of any help to someone. I contacted Martin at Ascher-Racing who recommended another guy and they where both very helpful indeed.

However i ended up making simple paddleshifter extenders myself. No youtube clip i'm afraid, but here's a short description.

I used two 40x20x2mm aluminum U-profile pieces cut to 39mm of length. Using the original hardware as templates i drilled the required mounting holes on the 20mm edges of the profiles. On the edge where the paddle shifter goes i tapped two M4 threads. To avoid cutting my fingers i then finished it all up by grinding the 90 degree "end-corners" into a round shape, again by following the shape of the original hardware.

This way the paddle shifters are now 40mm closer to the rim from their original position and just where i need them :) If needed i'll post a pic or two.