Custom Championships?

Hello,

I am wondering where the .gdb files are that control the championships? I want to make my own list of tracks to run for the Formula Retros but I do not see anywhere these files.

Thank you for the help!

Yes, Championship Creator does work. You need to change the text in the config.ini to read the directory of your Game Stock Car 2013 install. But only the cars from 2012 show up, it will need to be updated. Sent a PM to FerrariMan96, hopefully he is up for updating this great little tool. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
FerrariMan96 said:

Hi Paul,
Willing, yes - able to, no. Reason being that I don't own GSC2013 yet so I can't 'analyse' the files. In case you're wondering, I haven't bought it yet because I'm waiting on Assetto Corsa. Depending on how much that is I may then buy GSC2013 as well, otherwise I'll have to wait a little while longer.

I will update it when I get GSC2013, though I don't have it yet. However, in order to update it sooner, I may be able to modify the existing championship creator to work with the new content if you can provide me with some information on the new content. I can't remember exactly what information from which files I need, but if you're willing to try and help I could go and find out what I need. Let me know if you're interested.

Anyone willing to give him a hand? I have no clue on what to do and have no time. Just send him a PM. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer @Alex Sawczuk but I think I've worked out everything I need to (all I needed was to work out which cars used which rFM and whether they were Reiza1, Reiza2 etc.) but I worked that out a while ago.

If anyone is wondering what's causing the delay it's just simply that I've been really busy recently, and I have not done much sim racing at all... and of course not much work on this batch file program either.

I am also planning on making a more... 'professional' version (for lack of a better word), using a proper programming language such as Python or C (probably the former). It is something I wanted to learn to do anyway so this is the perfect opportunity!

I'm planning to release the batch-file program later today (once I've ironed out a few bugs, or typos should i say :p). Sorry for the wait.

@FerrariMan96, Reiza is planning on releasing a lot more content on GSC2013. Will this batch-file or professional one,:D be able to see and ad on new content(cars)? Don't really care about mods, as the content and future work done by Reiza is perfect. Or will this need to be updated every time Reiza comes out with a new car?

Yes, Championship Creator does work. You need to change the text in the config.ini to read the directory of your Game Stock Car 2013 install. But only the cars from 2012 show up, it will need to be updated. Sent a PM to FerrariMan96, hopefully he is up for updating this great little tool. :thumbsup:
Are you sure about this? The program goes through the motions and appears to work, but actually when I then try to run the game with the new championship, it reverts to the default race calendar.

Are you sure about this? The program goes through the motions and appears to work, but actually when I then try to run the game with the new championship, it reverts to the default race calendar.
No I'm not:D Went through the motion seemed to work, but that's as far as I went. But the new one should be out soon.:whistling: Leave it up to you Keith to go back on a old post and call me up on it. Thanks, thanks a lot. lol

No I'm not:D Went through the motion seemed to work, but that's as far as I went. But the new one should be out soon.:whistling: Leave it up to you Keith to go back on a old post and call me up on it. Thanks, thanks a lot. lol

Some things changed in GSC 2013 causing the issues

The good news is that there is now a new version available :)

DOWNLOAD LINK

EDIT: Does anyone know if i can change the title of the download? It still says 'GSC 2012' even though I changed it to 2013 in the update...?

Yes, I'm sorry about that LOL. I was so keen to get it working and I knew someone had said that it did, so I thought I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks Ferrariman, look forward to testing this, and well done for getting it working :)

@FerrariMan96, Reiza is planning on releasing a lot more content on GSC2013. Will this batch-file or professional one,:D be able to see and ad on new content(cars)? Don't really care about mods, as the content and future work done by Reiza is perfect. Or will this need to be updated every time Reiza comes out with a new car?

Haha I feel like I'm going a bit far with "professional version" :p

No it won't because at the moment the program doesn't "look for" cars, I have to tell them what's there (I haven't worked out a way for it to search for cars, mostly because I think that the files that I'd need it to see are hidden).

However, I will update the program accordingly :)

@Rupe Wilson If you are referring to the download title thing, thanks but it still says 2012...

Capture.PNG

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea