• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Custom Championship Question

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Kurt Gross, May 21, 2017.

1. Kurt Gross

Kurt Gross

Ratings:
    +5
    Is there any way to make race distance time instead of laps? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Majuh

Majuh

Ratings:
    +109
    No.

3. Kurt Gross

Kurt Gross

Ratings:
    +5
    Okay. Thanks for the help. The reason I asked is because I noticed some online races were timed races instead of laps. Just wondering how they did that and if you could do it in a custom championship.

4. Majuh

Majuh

Ratings:
    +109
    It's only possible for Multiplayer races right now.

5. Gevatter

Gevatter

Ratings:
    +109
    AFAIK it's mainly a problem with the AI. They are not good at projecting their fuel load and such for a timed race, and there also may be issues recognizing if they are on the final lap etc. I hope that with the current advancements with the AI timed races offline will be available some day :)

For now I just set a lap time and then approximate the laps needed for a race of a certain length. Takes more time, but mostly works out OK.