F1 2011 Current Weather?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Almost. What I really meant was real-time weather conditions downloaded from the internet. I don't think it would be too difficult to implement. Especially given that Codies have jumped on the bandwagon with the online pass thingy. But that's a whole other story...!

How does the online pass have anything to do with "real-time" weather?

I'd hate that, plus it would encourage people who don't like certain conditions to play later when the conditions have improved. It would actually be the exact opposite of realistic in terms of a game being a "simulation".

I don't really want to get into a debate about the online pass. Personally, I don't agree with them. However, they do generate more revenue for developers and that's why I mentioned it. I don't think it would be particularly difficult or expensive to implement a feature like this.

Why do you hate the idea? In my mind it would be an optional feauture. The dynamic setting could remain as is, but Codies could add another "real-time" option.

I'd just like to be able to get an idea of what weather is likely in the next 15 mins, 30 mins etc, in practice or race sessions, instead of just a single forecast for each session. It's important when deciding when to carry out a practice run, save tyres, get an early lap in, etc You can't see what you need to by looking out of the pit garage door, almost but not quite.

Almost. What I really meant was real-time weather conditions downloaded from the internet. I don't think it would be too difficult to implement. Especially given that Codies have jumped on the bandwagon with the online pass thingy. But that's a whole other story...!
Heh
It´s what i was thinking, expressed myself poorly there, my bad.
And Ash, if people don´t like this option, im sure Codemasters would give us an option to choose it or not, whatever any player prefers.

I agree with this. Would be nice to be able to see a forecast of the session like P1 "sunny till 1:20:00; light rain on **** corners; light rain on track; expected to pass by 45:00". Obviously everything would be an estimate and not exact but seeing as how the game has wind factored in etc.. would be a really cool feature, as well as having track temperatures making a bigger difference on lap times.

Keep my fingers crossed for 2012....

Whilst on P1 at Melbourne, my race engineer came on the radio and said rain is expected in 25 mins. It started to drizzle in 20 mins, thought that was good advice, but I see what you mean about a forecast from the garage and then real time indications from the engineer.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.