1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curb effects (or lack off)

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Si, May 6, 2014.

1. Si

Premium Member

Does anybody know if this something that is going to be introduced? at the moment you cant feel if you go off track or clip a curb. it ruins the sim for me! i have tried it with a thrustmaster tx, and my new Fanatec cs. I also saw the boys at insidesimracing also pointed this out as a flaw!

I remain hopeful this will be ammanded soon :)
  2. I feel them quite well with my TX. What is your Curb effects set to in the FFB menu? Try .8

I can absolutely guarantee they work in R3E, but I'll try DTME again when I get home today to see if its just a bug in DTME but not in R3E.
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Si

Premium Member

hmm, odd, I felt none (very small effect, if any) on R3E as well. with my tx as well as my cs. they were set on max as well.
  4. Ok then, what is your settings in the Thrustmaster Control Panel?

Overall Strength?

And what is your in game FFB strength set to?
  5. Si

Premium Member

not sure tbh, don't own the tx anymore, guess ill have a little play with the settings on my Fanatec and see what I can do. thanks for your help :)
  6. Yea, I don't know enough about Fanatec to help you with their control panel but hopefully someone will be along soon to help you. I was just thinking maybe you don't have the FFB high enough. With Thrustmaster, besides the overall strength, if you change the Periodic or Constant settings, it can affect a lot of FFB too.
  7. Perhaps you can try a different wave type for the rumblestrip. You can change it in your ControlSet file:
    FFB rumble strip wave type="3" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    As you can see, i have set it to 3, but you should just try it for yourself.
    BTW ..... i don't have a Thrustmaster wheel, but a Fanatec wheel and i can feel the kerbs quite well.