Cube Controls Formula CSX2 (RD OWNERS CLUB)

Hello!

I just recently Purchased a CC Formula CSX2 wheel and I am so happy with my purchase I thought we might as well have a dedicated owners club thread for the wheel where we can share our experiences together also any technical or teething problems also share our settings and dashboards with the community!

Cube Controls Logo

inside formula esports steering wheels

The Classic USB connection is designed for the high achievers as it enables high-demanding electronics. Connect them and be ready to go.
For the demanding drivers.[/LIST]​

Last edited:
there are a few reviews on uTube that mention it, -Boosted Media and SimRacing Garage can't remember which one but that's where I heard it has a little flex but not that noticeable.
Internet also give me that. Easiest is to test when not active. Dont go overboard so you break the wheel in half as all rims have flex. If you dont dare to push any longer I do hope its enough but there is a huge difference in feel on strong dd bases of a rim with very little to no noticable flex.

Making all the holes for panel, zillion buttons and more maybe makes it hard to keep rock solid?

Upvote 0
Well this morning finally got around to placing my stickers on the buttons, faceplate not so many kinda tricky to find placement for some, it’s looking really nice now so far only 10 minutes use, spent longer placing the stickers. :D
View attachment 397914
Would you mind sharing your button layout? Brand new to sim racing, just got this wheel and looking for help on button layout. Not sure what some of the letters mean on the stickers. Sorry for being so dumb!

Upvote 0
Would you mind sharing your button layout? Brand new to sim racing, just got this wheel and looking for help on button layout. Not sure what some of the letters mean on the stickers. Sorry for being so dumb!
Hi,
ive not used it in several months maybe 3/4 months or so the Wife bought me the Cube GTX for my birthday so been using this since although still have both of them also switched PC,s as well so the layout need sorting again

Upvote 0
I'm looking to buy this wheel, but I'm wondering if it is possible to change the color of the RPM leds? I'd like to set them up so they match with the cars I use.
Unfortunately you can’t change the the colour of the RPM leds, but you can change the pattern in which they light up (left to right, or left and right and they meet in the middle etc.).

Upvote 0
Unfortunately you can’t change the the colour of the RPM leds, but you can change the pattern in which they light up (left to right, or left and right and they meet in the middle etc.).
Thanks. I saw that was possible. Bummer you can't change the colors of the LED on a 1500 bucks wheel. If you have the lights meet in the middle it would be nice to have equal colors on both sides as well.

Upvote 0
I thought you could change them but tbh never looked
the only 1 thing what bothers me to be fair is the display support
I own the CSX2 its got say 19 layouts I got the Cube GTX I believe its only 7 or 9 layouts and non are the same as the CSX2 its ridiculous I did export the CSX2 ones and import them to the GTX but ended up bugged and the software always complains about missing fonts or some nonsense,
for me if they make displays and layouts and in total they have say idk 30 styles what is the problem adding them to all wheels why should some wheels come one style and another with something completely different, also during game play my GTX always resets to the 1st display option in the menu layout one although I always use layout 3 after 4-5 laps will switch back to layout 1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, im having issues with my csx2. The firmware seems corrupt, fonts corrupt and struggling to repair/overwrite, getting messages about putting an sd card in, all sorts of nonsense. Is there a way to factory reset this wheel? i need help as screen has been rendered useless!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, im having issues with my csx2. The firmware seems corrupt, fonts corrupt and struggling to repair/overwrite, getting messages about putting an sd card in, all sorts of nonsense. Is there a way to factory reset this wheel? i need help as screen has been rendered useless!!!!
I find out last night but UGT was sold the screen makers for the Cube wheels and now don’t supply them no more, Cube stopped selling wheels with displays, I hope it’s nothing serious sounds like be difficult to replace, contact there customer service it’s excellent

Upvote 0
I thought you could change them but tbh never looked
the only 1 thing what bothers me to be fair is the display support
I own the CSX2 its got say 19 layouts I got the Cube GTX I believe its only 7 or 9 layouts and non are the same as the CSX2 its ridiculous I did export the CSX2 ones and import them to the GTX but ended up bugged and the software always complains about missing fonts or some nonsense,
for me if they make displays and layouts and in total they have say idk 30 styles what is the problem adding them to all wheels why should some wheels come one style and another with something completely different, also during game play my GTX always resets to the 1st display option in the menu layout one although I always use layout 3 after 4-5 laps will switch back to layout 1
i also have corrupt fonts, do you know how to solve this issue?

Upvote 0
i also have corrupt fonts, do you know how to solve this issue?
Manually install them again, each one takes around 5 minutes roughly, I find a right stash of displays on the UGT website 4/5 weeks back around 50+ new displays there awesome, took like 2hrs to install like 12/13

Upvote 0
I am quite frustrated that Cube Controls decided to use UGT displays. The UGT lacks many of the functions/features that Simhub Dashboard has. They should have just gone with the USBD480 screen. Now us owners with the $1500 wheel is stuck. Asetek doesn't seem to want to provide updates to their software. Very disappointed.

Reactions: CC
Upvote 2
I am quite frustrated that Cube Controls decided to use UGT displays. The UGT lacks many of the functions/features that Simhub Dashboard has. They should have just gone with the USBD480 screen. Now us owners with the $1500 wheel is stuck. Asetek doesn't seem to want to provide updates to their software. Very disappointed.
Yes I own 3 wheels also Cube CSX2, Cube GTX flagship with 6 paddles, Rexing Formula V5, almost 6k$ on the 3 wheels with the import charges, I have to be honest the disappointment is real

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea