CSW 2.5 crashes within a minute.

Hey, does anybody has any experience with problems like this?

Worked with P1 wheel. Did driver and firmware update when attaching F1 V2 for the first time. And calibrated.

After that the issues came. First it was crashing with the moving 45Deg to the right and being stuck. It also crashed in Wheel properties page FFB test.
After driver uninstall and reinstall de test ran without crashing. In AC not so lucky.

Before fresh re-install (whilst keeping Base on) the F1 wheel jolted a bit to the right after right/left rotation, which it stopped doing afterward the update.

Tried with P1 wheel, which is also crashing now. But to the right with further circulation. Also in AC and ACC.

Tried F1 V2 again ACC and it got worse (vid above).

Win 10 | 4770K | 32GB ram | 1080 Ti

Driver: 373 64bit
Startup:
F1 V2 displays: WHEEL BASE 674 | MOT CON 22 | ST WHEEL 35
P1 one wheel displays: 674, 022, - - -

Checked a few USB2/3 ports

Pins all seem to be fine on both wheels.

Have some more steps to try, any suggestions are welcome :)

- Check some more USB ports
- Try BETA driver
- Revert to older driver
- Revert to older firmware (need to find out how)
- I still have my Trustmaster T300RS/TH8A drivers installed. But wasn't an issue before. So maybe just uninstall them.

Last edited:
Hi THK84, there is a new driver, 381, in the beta section of the Fanatec forum. Please try that, ensuring that you update the wheel base and motor firmware followed by the steering wheel firmware. If you are still getting the issue then it may be a hardware connection problem, so please create a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.

Upvote 0
Hi THK84, there is a new driver, 381, in the beta section of the Fanatec forum. Please try that, ensuring that you update the wheel base and motor firmware followed by the steering wheel firmware. If you are still getting the issue then it may be a hardware connection problem, so please create a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I completely missed id it.

I tried going back and forth between drivers/firmware and usb ports.
Somehow a combination of the 380 RC, usb port and plugging everything on the base in and out again worked. No issues anymore.

Support didn't receive the video attached to the email (maybe issue CRM + google drive hosted video due to file size). In the end, quick responses from Fanatec, the tech was unfamiliar with the issue, but it was resolved already in the mean time.

So once again thanks for the reply and that of your colleague. Much appreciated.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem and i put usb to powered hub and now i m ok

At some point I gave up doing the usually recommended 1 change at a time and test. But in the end maybe it might've been just plugging power/usb/pedals in and out of the base as I had tested the other latest ones in some combination before I think.

In the end, it works flawlessly now in stead of 30s+ a sting :)

Just ordered a Universal hub and SQ 1.5 shifter, so I'll be in the Fanatec ecosystem for a bit to come :)

Upvote 0
At some point I gave up doing the usually recommended 1 change at a time and test. But in the end maybe it might've been just plugging power/usb/pedals in and out of the base as I had tested the other latest ones in some combination before I think.

In the end, it works flawlessly now in stead of 30s+ a sting :)

Just ordered a Universal hub and SQ 1.5 shifter, so I'll be in the Fanatec ecosystem for a bit to come :)
Great! Happy sim racing!

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes