1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

CSR Elite, Load Cell advise

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Hor-hay, May 6, 2015.

1. Hor-hay

Hor-hay
    Premium Member

I've had my pedals for 2 weeks now and they're great so far. I haven't really played with the load cell yet, just left it on 1 I think. Just wondering what people have it set to and does setting it higher mean you will need more pressure to break?

2. Yes - That is correct the higher the number on the adjustment dial, the harder you must press to achieve full braking (if I remeber correctly as I now use Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro's).

I used to set mine to around 7, but this may differ from unit to unit, my ClubSport V2's had to be set to 10.

3. Jason Palmer

Jason Palmer
    Premium Member

I thought it was the other way round mate.

I had both Elites and now Clubsports pedals and found that 10 was the easiest and 1 requiring me to push much harder to find the max braking pressure.

Jason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jason is right: 1 is the hardest setting, 10 the easiest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. LOL - Can tell it's been a while since my Fanatecs!

6. Jason Palmer

Jason Palmer
    Premium Member

It wouldnt take long to suss it out mate as there is a big difference in the amount of force required between 1 and 10 to get max braking pressure. Also no harm would of come to the load cell while working this out just maybe a little damage to the ego as you go flying off at the first corner if the setting was to low !

Jason.

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. Hor-hay

Hor-hay
    Premium Member

thanks for the comments, I had a play last night I actualy had it set to 10 not 1. But feels good so I might leave it there.

8. Jason Palmer

Jason Palmer
    Premium Member

I run between 8 and 10 but normally its left on 10.

I did find that moving the pin one hole up the pedal arm made a bigger difference to pedal feel than adjusting the load cell.

Jason.

9. the lower the number the harder you need to press brake pedal,higher the number less pressure needed.i run my between 6n7 any higher for my style ov braking means lockups lol

10. Hor-hay

Hor-hay
    Premium Member

ah thanks, I'll definitely try moving it down to 8-9, just got the RUF in iRacing and was locking up on the rare occasion. Any lower and I'll probably have to find a way to stop the chair rolling back.

• Like Like x 1