CSL ELITE or TS-PC RACER

I'm an owner of the Logitech G27, and I feel it's time to upgrade my hardware.
But here is where the problem comes: wich one, between Fanatec CSL (wheelbase) and Thrustmater TS-PC (wheelbase) should I choose?
The price are similar and in any case I will take the CSL pedals with Load Cell.
Any suggestions?

Where do you find comparisons of the FFB between those 2 wheels ?
It's a bit hard for me to believe that the the TS-PC has a "much better" FFB than the CSL while the FFB of the CSL is excellent and apparently not very far from the CSW V2.

At the current price of the TS-PC, which is very close to the CSL price, if the FFB is close between both, IMHO you've way more bang for your bucks with the CSL (kind of real wheel vs toy like, real quick release system, settings on the wheel, more buttons, Fanatec environment with loadcell brake, handbrake, better shifter... which makes life easier to have only one USB device if you don't play only to realsims).
In another hand, the price of the TS-PC will probably fastly drop on various shops and it may become very interesting like the T300 and TX are.

I went from a G27 to a CSL 1 month ago, impossible to not be very happy with that, even if it turns out that the FFB of the TS-PC is way better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They don't know so I can only assume they are biased to Thrustmaster given that not a single person has compared the two online and I highly doubt they have them both themselves. For me personally I went Fanatec for the quick release, larger rims, aluminium construction and significantly better attachments.

However if you're only concerned with force feedback then it's hard to argue the ts-pc racer will be the real bargain especially when it will drop at least 20% in price by virtue of it being on sale in places other than the Thrustmaster shop unlike Fanatec eqiupment. Although it does mean it resale value is much higher so swings and roundabouts only you can decide what's more important without being able to try them as the feel is also quite subjective.

Upvote 0
I think the best is to wait a bit if you can. There will be a few comparisons sooner or later, and the price of the TS-PC will drop.

Now, at 550€, for me it's way too expensive, it's more expensive than the CSL Elite + P1 wheel (more universal + xbox one compatibility, 320 + 150 + 32€ shipping to France, probably the same to Italy => 502€) and almost as expensive as the CSL + Formula wheel (320 + 230 + 32 = 582).

Honestly, without more information on the FFB and assuming they are very close, I don't even understand how anybody can advise to buy the TS-PC until its price drops, IMHO the quality of the wheel is just day and night between both brands (the price too, but the CSL base is obviously cheaper at the moment).

And if you plan to get the CSL Elite pedals (excellent choice, the loadcell is by far the most noticable improvement, it changes everything), the shipping cost will increase of only 15€ to add the base + 1 wheel. If you choose the P1 wheel, you can even save 30€ (10€ discount + 20+€ if you sell Assetto Corsa XB1) more with the Assetto Corsa bundle.
And as said in the previous post, the resale value of the CSL base will be much higher if you change later for a future better base.

All in all, the final question has to be "do you want to be in the Thrustmaster or the Fanatec family for the future", because you'll perhaps add more accessories (shifter, handbrake) and/or change just the base and keep your wheels. Changing from a G27 is one thing, changing from a brand to another when you've 2 or 3 expensive wheels is another.
Both bases are very good and I've seen only positive feedbacks about their FFB, so the slight differences of quality there could be regarding the FFB may not be alone what decides you for one brand.

If you prefer Fanatec, just buy the CSL.
If you prefer Thrustmaster, if you're not in a hurry, wait 2-3 months for a price drop, if not, just buy the TS-PC.
If you have not a clear preference, just wait a few comparisons to decide.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How is the fanatec csl reliability? I need a new wheel to replace g27, which has lasted me +6yrs.. What I've read about both thrustmaster or fanatec, you are lucky if it lasts more than a year :confused:

Little off topic, where can you get CSL adapter to real steering wheels? I would like to buy only the base and some adapter, nothing more

Upvote 0
How is the fanatec csl reliability? I need a new wheel to replace g27, which has lasted me +6yrs.. What I've read about both thrustmaster or fanatec, you are lucky if it lasts more than a year :confused:

Little off topic, where can you get CSL adapter to real steering wheels? I would like to buy only the base and some adapter, nothing more

Google can do magic...Searched for Fanatec adapter
http://simracinghardware.com/product/fanatec-wheel-adapter/

Upvote 0
This is just false. I've had my CSR Elite pedals since 2011. Only had to clean the pots once and they're working perfectly.
Had the CSW V1 base with F1 and BMW rims since about 2012/13 and I've never had any problems with any of it.
Yes people have had problems and I guess with such a niche market you'll hear about them quite a lot.
Thing is there are hundreds if not thousands of Fanatec customers that you won't hear complaining about products that have not broken down...

Upvote 0
Thank you guys for your feedback.
I bought the TS-PC because I found a nice sale on a shop (40€ less than Amazon) and I must say it's an amazing wheel (and I still have a discount code from TH :D).
Really happy of this purchase. In comparison the G27 is a toy.

Upvote 0
Thank you guys for your feedback.
I bought the TS-PC because I found a nice sale on a shop (40€ less than Amazon) and I must say it's an amazing wheel (and I still have a discount code from TH :D).
Really happy of this purchase. In comparison the G27 is a toy.

Which steering wheel you went for? I might need to wait as long as someone makes cheaper adapter (350e for an adapter not worth..)

Upvote 0
Here is a review:

Thrustmaster pedals are terrible, the CSL elite is the best option for that price. In case of wheel bases I think the pc racer is the better choice. I think even the T300 is a good for that price. Actually I miss a classic wheel add-on from thrustmaster, but the fanatec one is ridiculously pricy. So my advice is: PC Racer + Alcantara wheel add-on

From the T300 every third was faulty based on shop statistic (31.3%), what about the PC Racer?

Upvote 0
Can someone share feedback of this wheel? I'm looking for a new wheel and can get the ts pc racer for 400,- bought in Dec. 16.
Can I use it with Playseat Challenge?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back