1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Creating Grid Lines on the track

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Butters69, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Hi just hoping someone could tell me the easiest way to place grid lines on a tarmac surface?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. their built into btb.... if you go on you tube there is a tutorial somewhere on how to use them

3. check :

Almost in the end of video.

Somewhere we talked about this issue before.
    Brandon is using some keys too bloody fast to understand what he's doing, especially when copy the thing.
    Still thinking about this issue but had no time, most simple I think is to create it yourself, use some existing grid material and add the lines.

maybe something like this ? :

some_Tarmac01.jpg

4. That's one of the things that prompted me to make my list of btb controls.

5. Yep R Soul: forget again, very usefull as always.

O ja, maybe add a line, for 3D view only, click with right mouse on track and zoooom ;)

6. Would this possibly be easier done in another programme?

7. It doesn't get much easier than what Andre suggested, although you also need to see the 'walls as marks' video:

I prefer to draw them onto my track texture. Gimp and Paint.net are both free programs that can do it.

8. To add to this. When you have the one grid in place, lets say, down the left, copy the shape and materials and make another one for the right. Then in the material properties, change the X or Y value to .5 so the grid shape moves half way between the other one, creating a step-like grid. This value is changable, so you can have them set out just how you like.