Crash when getting into car

[EDIT] FIXED!
Apparently, the JRE included with the game is windows-x86 JRE (1.8.0_60-b27) in the folder
Automobilista\Plugins\DynHUD\Java. To fix the issue, I simply replaced all the files inside the Java folder with those of a newer Java version (in this particular case, JRE 1.8.0_73.) After this, the crash was fixed (though I worry about it coming back again after an update replaced the files again.)

Original Post:

The game crashes as soon as I get into the car. The problem seems to be the GUI that starts once you get into the car, as I can see the other cars in practice running around the circuit without any problem in the replay window.

The error log after the crash starts like this:

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6d1e7e7b, pid=1096, tid=3312​

Apparently, at some point, the DynHUD plugin tries to make java write somewhere it doesn't have permission to do so, or so it would seem. I've already tried making sure all the AMS executables are run as admin and that didn't work. Then I tried the same with the java.exe included with the plugin and that didn't work either.

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, by the way.

I never had this problem with SCE, though I don't know if it worked the same way.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back