1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crash Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Benedict Venturini, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Benedict Venturini

Benedict Venturini
    Benedict Venturini

I thought it might be fun to see how many of you racers have had car crashes in real life :D

So, if youve had a crash.. tell us the story behind it.. and if you have them, post pictures! Lets see how many of you guys can drive off the virtual track lol

Anyhow, I might aswel go first

So.. it was January 2011 in England, Leeds. We were in the middle of a freak snow storm. I say 'freak' because it literally started snowing that morning ( which was forecast to be sunny ) and didnt stop. By 7pm the snow had built up like 3/4inch on the roads ) Anyways, I had to go pickup my mate from work at 7pm.

Whilst on the way to my friends work, I got held up in traffic, it was crazy. People were moving about 5 MPH and Cars were abandoned on the pavement ( typical British )

After spending 2 hours in traffic on a journey that should of taken less than 15 minutes, a passing builder stopped his van next to my car and told me not to bother going up the road because theres atleast a mile of traffic.. i said 'Im picking up a mate, i gotta get up there' he said 'haha, be careful then mate' and left.. ( i was stunned... a man from Leeds was kind... that just doesnt happen lol)

I finally arraived to my friends work, after 3 and a half hours of dodging slow and broken down cars.

When i told him about how bad the roads were, he didnt believe me, I told him that if you turn your wheel .. you just dont turn.. you go forwards, he thought i was lying lol

On the way home, I went a different way. I went on the motorway, there were no cars on there, maybe drivers were too scared to drive fast on the snow, i dunno, but it was dead

I got back into the town i live in. My car was over heating because the wheels were just spinning in the snow and working the engine alil too hard. I drove down a road which came to a fork. the left road was a 80/85° turn and right was 5°. My first thought was, the left road takes me home.. the right road takes me to the chain bar and adds another half mile to the journey, although its a hell of alot safer ( its the straighter road, and im going 30MPH ). I explained this to my mate, he said 'Dont be a pussy, just go left', and because im the type of lad who is very competitive and loves a challenge, I decided to go left, forgetting im going 30MPH, maybe faster. I got to the corner and turned my wheel ( this is a corner that you cant turn at 30MPH when its dry, i dno wtf i was thinking ) but my car carried on going straight. We hit the metal railings and nearly turned the car over. Luckily no one was hurt, except my car ;(

I blame Race Department.

I hope you all enjoyed my misery :p and i look foward to read what happend to y'all

Thanks n ciao

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

until now i only crashed once, it was on a rainy nigth, the sun had just set and it was really dark, i was on my motorcycle, i only had it for about 2 or 3 weeks, i couldn't see well because the lights of the incoming cars were reflecting on the helmet's visor, i was following my dad's car, he passed a crosswalk and as soon as he did someone passed on the crosswalk when i was nearly on it, i tried to brake, but, probably due to lack of experience, i braked too hard with the front wheel and it locked up and i feel, fortunately i didn0t hit the person and i the only damage was a scratch on the motorcycle, a bruise on my leg, and on my pride :D
    A year after i started driving a car, i've been driving it during a year and until now i haven't crashed it, but there were 3 accident's rigth in front of me, fortunately it was the car in front not me, let's see if i can keep it this way ;)

3. Getting back from work on a bloody darn cold morning (Under 0°C) on my moped on sport tyres...

Slow down for corner, lean into corner, understeer/oversteer mix-ups, sidewalk, side crash, scooter unharmed, human has left collarbone fractured.

Oups :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

How is the collarbone getting along?

5. There's still a "hump", but it's working somewhat properly now... :p