• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

CPU usage vs Main_t value

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Crispin Williamson, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Crispin Williamson

Crispin Williamson
    Washed up Supermoto racer in an MDF box in York Premium

Ratings:
    +50
    Hi,

I'm playing around with my PC altering graphics settings and played with overclocking to see if it made much difference, it didnt. When playing with a full grid my Main_t value gets near 100% and I get frame rate drop, when I have MSI running however it shows that my CPU (all 4 cores) are nowhere near maxed out, my graphics card (980ti) is plodding along.

Am I missing something here?

Cheers

2. kunos

kunos
    Kunos Simulazioni Premium

Ratings:
    +801
    yes, the meaning of the value (MAIN_T) in AC.
    The number shows the relationship between the time spent inside the game code in a frame and the total time of a frame.
    No relationship whatsoever with a CPU occupancy value, and it was renamed just with the hope that people will stop treating it as a CPU occupancy indicator and getting confused about it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Crispin Williamson

Crispin Williamson

Ratings:
    +50
    Thank you, so my performance is limited by this factor and not my CPU or GPU? Can I do anything to improve performance?

4. kunos

kunos
    Kunos Simulazioni Premium

Ratings:
    +801
    A high value of main_t suggests the game could be CPU bound... but it could really be other things from RAM speed to BUS speed, PCs are complicated beasts.

5. Crispin Williamson

Crispin Williamson

Ratings:
    +50
    My CPU values are quite low. Anyone got any tips?