CPU Overlocked keeps resetting Ghz in the Bios

Hi guys,

Everytime i load up my PC, the settings in the Bios resets itself, well only the CPU Ghz is effected, everything else stays the same. for Example my CPU is OC to 4.0 Ghz , the stock is 3.3Ghz, every single time i restart it's the same thing over and over.

i have a I5 2500K 3.3Ghz (OC to 4.0Ghz)

What does Windows say the Ghz is for the CPU?
How did you overclock, through the BIOS? through a program in Windows?
Hi Jim, i overclocked through the BIOS, would never use a 3rd Party programme,

when i right click on my computer and see it says the default stock Ghz, when it's overclocked to 4.0Ghz right now.

anyhow here's my BIOS settings.

DSC_0854_zpsbe3a05fc.jpg

DSC_0855_zps976d82fd.jpg

DSC_0856_zps2bba555d.jpg

DSC_0857_zps27944d6d.jpg

Bios version F4?
I have an Asrock, but I have turbo boost and EIST enabled.
Don't OC the memory when the CPU has problems in the first place.

I am wondering if you are getting thermal throttling. Have you seen occasional slow downs on the system when you overclock it? Have you tried a little lower overclock to see if it holds the setting?

The idea of overclocking is normally to find the highest overclock you can run that is stable. If you are getting thermal throttling that causes your BIOS to reset, then you are too high. There is also nothing wrong with running a lower overclock if it means your system performs well and there are no issues.

The idea of overclocking is normally to find the highest overclock you can run that is stable. If you are getting thermal throttling that causes your BIOS to reset, then you are too high. There is also nothing wrong with running a lower overclock if it means your system performs well and there are no issues.
so should i put it to 3.8Ghz?

it was on 4.0Ghz when i started, i slowly went upto 4.0Ghz and it was fine, then all of a sudden it wouldn't keep the setting anymore.

Yes, I would turn it down to see how things go. If it resolves the issue, then you know for certain that you were pushing things too far. One other thing to keep in mind, as you run your system, the electronics degrade a little. What might have been fine before may no longer be fine.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back