1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could really use some help on my video settings please.

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Jeff Huber, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber
    Premium Member

Hey guys , I picked up a kickass monitor ( Acer 34" XR34CK FreeSync version ) and I'm having an issue with trying to setup the screen properly. When I run rFactor 2 , it gives me an option to change the resolutions and so forth and even though I have to do a lot of configuring still to make it perfect , it'll run the game full screen.

I'm trying to run GSCE in 3440 x 1440 , but not sure how to set it up like that. Right now I have two pretty big borders , one on each side. I can't figure out where I can change this. I think the user interface in both rFactor 2 and GSCE are pretty similar correct?

Also , if you notice in the screen pics I took , should I be running in Fullscreen , windowed or borderless? Should I force 32bit , ect , ect.....I don't know what to do.

Both games seem a little laggy and I think that both of these sims aren't to well optimized for dual GPU. I have two AMD 7970's in crossfire , should I try only using one?

If someone could steer me in the right direction , that would really help.

upload_2015-10-9_11-31-7.png

upload_2015-10-9_11-31-30.png

upload_2015-10-9_11-31-56.png

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

GSC Config.exe
    Found in the Stock Car Extreme folder

3. Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber
    Premium Member

GSCE at 3440 X 1440.jpg Got it Dennis , thank you! I did a bunch of reading and finally found what I was looking for. OMG the way this sim and rFactor 2 look like on this monitor is amazing! I can't get either one of those sims to run very well using crossfire , but just using one 7970 is kicking butt anyways! Have everything maxed out , 75mz refresh rate and she's smooth as silk. I picked up the Acer XR34CK monitor which has FreeSync , and I can't take advantage of it with my older 7970's since they don't support , but it doesn't need it in these sims I think. I can't see how it could get any better than what I'm seeing. Amazing!

GSC in all her glory at 3440 X 1440 on a big 34".....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1