Could be Returning Soon!

Well as the title says I could be returning to Iracing soon. I am going to be building a new computer soon. With...

ASUS Crossfire IV Extreme MoBo

AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition

3 ATI 6850 1 GB Video Cards configured in crossfire.

16 GB of RAM

27'' Samsung Full HD Monitor

All be told it willbe just shy of $3k, but this should be good for 5-6 years unless something drastic happens with current tech. Like diamond based transistors.

It seems 3 cards is a bit much for a 1 monitor setup. If you're thinking of going 2 screens at some time, then maybe you're doing the right thing.

My machine I got last year was mainly upgraded for the sake of iRacing (as my 5 yr old XP machine was showing its age, lol).

I have a 2GB 5970 and it runs iRacing flawlessly on a 24" monitor.

It seems 3 cards is a bit much for a 1 monitor setup. If you're thinking of going 2 screens at some time, then maybe you're doing the right thing.

My machine I got last year was mainly upgraded for the sake of iRacing (as my 5 yr old XP machine was showing its age, lol).

I have a 2GB 5970 and it runs iRacing flawlessly on a 24" monitor.

Yeah thinking of a three monitor setup, but they are $400 a piece. When I do build it, about 2 1/2-3 months time frame, I will just link them together with the crossfire cables till I get the other two in the future.

Jmartin welcome back. I believe you can beat the price of 3k that you mentioned. Here are my specs and I stayed around 1.5k (can't remember the exact figure as I had to eat all the receipts before the wife saw them); I7 950 chip, Asus p6x58d mobo(brought used), 3x 28" Hanns G monitors(already had one), 2x GTX 470, 60G SSD for the OS(already had a 500g sata drive), 6 gigs of memory, Full tower case(brought used), and windows 7. I used the remaining parts from my old system such as cpu cooler, optical drives, and power supply. Futrure upgrades will be a 3rd gtx 470 and bigger power supply. I'm a bit of a deal seeker and I was willing to use some used parts.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back