1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could be Returning Soon!

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by John Martin, May 7, 2011.

1. Well as the title says I could be returning to Iracing soon. I am going to be building a new computer soon. With...

ASUS Crossfire IV Extreme MoBo

AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition

3 ATI 6850 1 GB Video Cards configured in crossfire.

16 GB of RAM

27'' Samsung Full HD Monitor

All be told it willbe just shy of $3k, but this should be good for 5-6 years unless something drastic happens with current tech. Like diamond based transistors.
  2. Nice one, get yourself registered here as a licensed member and come and join our events!
  3. if this rig will be used mostly for iR you might consider changing CPU to Intel 2500k for example...and of course some P67 board
  4. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

And also one 6970 or 6950 as opposed to 3 6850. Good luck and get urself ready for the the Club events.
  5. It seems 3 cards is a bit much for a 1 monitor setup. If you're thinking of going 2 screens at some time, then maybe you're doing the right thing.

My machine I got last year was mainly upgraded for the sake of iRacing (as my 5 yr old XP machine was showing its age, lol).

I have a 2GB 5970 and it runs iRacing flawlessly on a 24" monitor.
  6. Yeah thinking of a three monitor setup, but they are $400 a piece. When I do build it, about 2 1/2-3 months time frame, I will just link them together with the crossfire cables till I get the other two in the future.
  7. Isn`t it better to go with lower-spec system and upgrade it after 3 years, not 6?
  8. Jmartin welcome back. I believe you can beat the price of 3k that you mentioned. Here are my specs and I stayed around 1.5k (can't remember the exact figure as I had to eat all the receipts before the wife saw them); I7 950 chip, Asus p6x58d mobo(brought used), 3x 28" Hanns G monitors(already had one), 2x GTX 470, 60G SSD for the OS(already had a 500g sata drive), 6 gigs of memory, Full tower case(brought used), and windows 7. I used the remaining parts from my old system such as cpu cooler, optical drives, and power supply. Futrure upgrades will be a 3rd gtx 470 and bigger power supply. I'm a bit of a deal seeker and I was willing to use some used parts.