The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
gtl_flyer_may.jpg

Servername:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Car of the Month - GTC76 BMW CSL
Track: Kyalami 1979
Conditions: 17.00 In-Game Race Time

Practice: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 UK / 21.00 Europe (40 min)
Qualification: 19.40 GMT / 20.40 UK / 21.40 Europe (20 min)
Race: 20.00 GMT / 21.00 UK / 22.00 Europe- 38 laps (approx 1 hour)

Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: As this event is a 1 hour endurance race, 1 pit stop is mandatory. Please read Warren's pit stop tutorial here for tips on a smooth and error free pit stop.
Note3: A skinpack will be used for this event. All partipants are to download ths pack here whether they are using one of the skins or not.
Note4: The BMW Alpina (white #87) is available to be used if desired, although it is less powerful - the cars in the skinpack are all BMW Schnitzers. Just so people know the difference - the tech specs are below:
CSL Alpina = 1180kg, 340bhp @ 7700rpm
CSL Schnitzer = 1250kg, 440bhp @ 8700rpm

Fantastic start to the CotM shenanigans. The Alpina (slower) CSL was such a joy to drive, pity I cocked up the start:giggle:

Managed a mid 1.28 in qualifying which I was more than happy with, put me 5th on the grid:)

Race started a bit cockeyed, managed a flying start only to change to 2nd and lose it into the barrier, lost the front splitter before I'd even turned a corner. Made my way through some quite hilarious accidents in front to find myself behind Nigel. Had a fantastic close battle with him for what seemed like forever, it was brilliant stuff (from my point of view):woop: Finally got past Nige, hoping he was going to fight back but he seemed to lose it, suddenly I was pretty much on my own.

Pitted, fixed the damage caused by my incompitence at the start and got a S/G. Bugger! Came in for that behind Nigel, thinking we'd be on for another nailbiting last few laps, however Nige dropped out soon after and I was on my own again :(

Finished 5th which considering twice I was at the back, through my own fault, I was happy with. Hope I get to race some more this month. Loving the Beemer :)

My race with Nige.
GTL 2009-05-02 23-31-09-38.jpg

GTL 2009-05-02 23-36-41-49.jpg

GTL 2009-05-02 23-34-32-25.jpg

GTL 2009-05-02 23-42-07-03.jpg

Had to include this one. Some insane grounding by Nigel into T1:shock:
GTL 2009-05-02 23-37-44-63.jpg

What ever I try good not get under 1.30,start 9 a few guys desisted to go off so I was on 7 place for a short moment because almost every race I get off in the first lap no exception this time, so a race on my own Pit lap 21 fuel end rear-tyres, out the pits get a S/G (on my limiter) and Pit in to take S/G
out again second S/G, also Sam,Nigel,Glenn ?

Maybe Pit entrance light was not so good to see (Low Sun?) don't now.
But I get to the finish after all,I like the old layout's from that time.
Nice race evening Thanks Guys and Stuart to set it up.

Thanks for the pics nice as always,

Hans

a memorable race. :)
qualified 3rd and had a very good setup. in a last minute decision i decided to change the gear ratio from medium to short. that meant that i was very fast in between corneres but slow on the straight.
first lap i started very good and passed peter and stuart to the lead. than on the long straight had no answer to stuart's speed who passed me in the entrance to t2. i tried to over take immedietly in the turn, forgot i had cold tyres and short gear( red mist i guess:wink2:) and spun it . then started again fron last and climbed up the places. had a good fight with kevin hopkins ( good drive there kevin) and after the pit stop i drove real hard trying to catch stuart. at about lap 26 i caught up to stuart and it turned ouy to an epic race:nod::nod:. i took my time behind stuart learning where he was fast and slow and tried to presure him into a mistake which didn't happen. the gap between us was no more than a car length for about 8 laps. then i decided to make my pass. out of one of the slow corneres i tried to over take and then stuart was sliding his rear wheels too much and started drifting towards me. i had to brake in order to avoid hitting stu and lost control and hit the fence which caused a loose of the splitter. managed to get going again and finished 3rd over all.
what a . race. it was as real as it get's realy reminded me of the rides i had with my mates on our sport bikess.
grats peter for the win and for stuart for the 2nd place, you both deserve it. memorable race stuart.:)
btw warren i you read this post you were realy missed . hope to race with you next time.
ps: can someone upload the replay?

I think we're missing Warren for a few races now - he's away on hols for at least 2 weeks, possibly 3.

Quallied 6th I think, but that was probably due to people like Peter and Mark disconnecting. Had a decent start, Amir was off like a flash due to his shorter gearing, but by the time we got round to the long straight I was close enough to get past.

It appears that a pattern seems to be emerging with me too. OK practice, followed by a quali session where I can't get close to my Practice time, followed by a race where I go faster than my Quali time consistently. Nope, no idea. :struggle:

Anyway I was leading for about 5 or so laps Sam caught up and got past, I kept up with him for a while, then he slowly pulled out about a 4 sec lead, Peter was catching up, I had a bit of a moment, and he got past. Probably about right after the pace they were showing in prac & quali.

I then made a big mistake - I saw Amir pull in for his pit, and I decided to stay out for another lap - that was my mistake, my tyres were shot, and as I pushed to give myself a cushion I had a mare on the tight left hander 90 going up the hill, costing me about 15 sec. Had to make my stop then, which threw me & Amir together (actually that might have been a good thing, as it was excellent fun with Amir :good: ) had some real nip and tuck laps, Amir occasionally getting in front out of the slower corners, and me getting it back on the straight - great racing mate :D .

I locked going up into the same corner I had my problems with before, I knew Amir was on my inside, so I turned in wide, giving him the room if he carried on with his move, but I saw him slew off - it looked like he got on the loud pedal too early, but seeing what he said above, I guess not.

Sam had his S n G issues leaving me to roll in 2nd behind Peter.

Cracking racing with Sam Peter & Amir - thanks Gents.

I'm not around for next week's CotM event (going away for a golf weekend), but you lot don't need me to run it :D.

Good to see a couple of new faces in Mark & Kevin - welcome chaps :good:

Thanks for the welcome Stu,you will see me at the next round.I was pretty happy with my first event,managed to get into the 1.27 in practise abd did a low 1.28 to put me forth on the grid.Started the race cautiously dropping back a few spots and realised i had a good car so started to push on.Got to third and managed to stay there for a few laps.Peter was closing in fast after starting off the back and managed to tap me as me tried to outbrake each other into T1.I slid into the wall damaging the suspension and losing the front splitter.I slipped back off the pace with an understeering car,but still managed a good fight with Amir.Pitted on lap 20,armed with new tyres and front splitter again(85 sec pitstop) i rejoined in 6th and managed to drive my way back to forth.all in all a good race,looking forward to the next event,Kev.

Sorry for the absence from this one guys, but I am currently preparing for my trip away to the Aussie Outback, leaving this week. I'm taking my gaming PC back to the shop where I bought it tomorrow, so they can check a few things while I'm away. These freeze ups are getting worse.

I'll take my laptop with me on holidays, so I can keep in touch with the forum, but no racing of course. I'll watch your activities with envy and start racing again in about 3 weeks time.

Cheers. :)

That was a really good race. Thank you Stuart!

I had some texture rendering problem during the practice and the qualfication. Some part of the track was black for me, so I rejoined few times, I tried out some video settings, and for the race everything was OK.

Started from the end of the grid, and I had great driving almost all of you. I mean, I met almost everybody. Thx!

See you next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Trophies