Copying default tracks

Hi,

I've been playing with modifying the default tracks to work with different types of car (for private use). I found this easy enough modifying the .gdb files but what I'd really like to do is copy them to create new track variants, so we can use them and still join multiplayer with unmodified tracks.

I've been testing it with Tykki 4 (Tykki Dirt 2) and can't find any way of making a new variant appear in game by changing existing files. The only hint I've found from looking up other track mods is that they all seem to have a .scn file with search paths for the track assets. However this isn't present for default tracks.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

The official content has some hidden/encrtpted files that you can't see/access. I've not had a proper nosey at tracks but I've messed around a bit with converting a car (total newb, btw) so for example the .hdv file for car data is hidden for the official content.

Without access to that data, as far as I can tell, you can't alter or copy any of it. You best bet would be converting a mod that contains a visible .scn and playing around with that.

I've played a bit more with taking a .scn file from another mod and I can get it to appear in the menu using this.

Problem is the same file appears to define the loading of all the track and scenery objects, so without this info it just crashes on loading. Since I can't copy this data from the existing track I suspect it's beyond my abilities.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.