Cars Convert obj or fbx to kn5

Hey,

I'm currently trying to develop a software that will be able to tune cars. I also want to be able to make tunings like skirts, hoods etc, but for that I need to compile obj or fbx files to a kn5 file. But I have no idea how I could do that or if there even is a software or script published, that can do this.

Thanks

So called kseditor doesnt work for me at all... First of all, it takes good 5-10 minutes to load the model, the model is full black with a ton of reflection like its made of obsidian and below the model is huge ball with same color and reflections... Its lagging as heck aswell and making my PC burn... But aside of that, I get an error "material blah blah null" and I cant export to kn5 at all thanks to that... In Blender that same car looks normal as it should, in the car folder I have another folder called "texture" with all textures (around 51 textures and approx 91 materials) and the kseditor can see everything but refuses to render anything except the things I mentioned before... I need a legit working tool that could export my hard work into a proper kn5 file cuz this is quite ridiculous... So many hours of work and I get stuck on a simple thing like this... Being unable to export due to no textures and materials even though its all there...

Material null error should name a specific mesh that has no materials attached to it. Every object in the fbx needs a material.

For what the materials look like, you need to set those up in kseditor. AC doesn't use Blender's material properties, all you'll tend to get is very incorrect diffuse/ambient values, and it defaults to a shader that's not very suitable for cars.

Last edited:
3dSimEd or look for blender kn5 export plugins.

The clean solution would be to find what causes these errors. Scaling or no assigned material on one of the meshes are the most common.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.