1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Controller settings???

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Warren Dawes, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes

Ratings:
    +1,818
    I must say that the most frustrating experience I have with RRE is trying to get the steering to feel correct. ie. The steering in-game just doesn't feel linear, and I seem to have a slight lag between steering inputs and it's effect in the game. I can get the FFB to feel reasonable, but the actual steering doesn't feel anything like as responsive as Race 07 or GTL, or even rF1. I spend most of my time fiddling with various settings rather than enjoying the driving experience.
    This is made even more frustrating due to the lack of any explanation/information of what some of the various settings are supposed to do, leaving me to try to work it out by trial and error, again a very time consuming exercise. :(

Can someone explain what these settings are and an indication of what effect they have:

Analogue Sector 1
    Analogue Sector 2
    Analogue Sector 3
    Return Multiplier

I'm currently using a G27 Wheel with Fanatec CSP pedals. I'm an experienced SimRacer and have fine tuned my controllers for all my other Sims, but RRE seems to have me beat. :cry: Any help would be appreciated.

2. Peter

Peter
    who cares Premium

Ratings:
    +666
    These settings are for gamepads and should be left at default (10) for wheels.

The wheel values are the same as Race07 and should not be a problem, maybe yo have the wrong wheel rotation / steering lock.

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Senior HistorX Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,386
    What confuses me about them is there active even if you have a wheel connected
    after the latest update i had to make a new profile to get any feel back in my wheel

4. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes

Ratings:
    +1,818
    OK thanks. :thumbsup:
    I've actually tried the exact same wheel rotation / steering lock as Race 07, but the response is definitely not the same. I've even tried using the same FFB settings as my GTL / Race 07 settings.

Is there any chance that my steering lag could be related to internet speed / pings, since you can only drive on-line with RRE. I live in Australia and therefore I'm a loooong way from the Server. I never get this issue with Race 07 or GTL when driving on-line though.

5. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk
    Sector3 Studios

Ratings:
    +319
    Having low framerate can cause lags in FFB. When driving you don't really drive online so that can't be the issue. We just upload/download data such as ghost, raceline and laptimes and stats like time spent, kms and laps driven.

Also certain FFB parameters will add latency. FFB steer force average weight = lower value will smooth out the force but will also add latency.

• Like Like x 2
  6. cliopatra

cliopatra

Ratings:
    +14

Just as a reminder, options briefly explained on r3e support site and on steam:
    http://support.raceroomracingexperi...-raceroom-racing-experience-options-explained
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/211500/discussions/1/864969481932803823/

Would be great if "Return Multiplier" was also applicable for wheels, specially for those with a rotation range limited to 200 degree.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oops

Oops

Ratings:
    +25
    Does anyone have any settings for the fanatech 911 GT2 wheel, I just cant seem to get it feeling right :)
    Loving this game though

8. Peter

Peter
    who cares Premium

Ratings:
    +666
  9. Oops

Oops

Ratings:
    +25
    Thanks Peter I'll give it a go, might even try the adding my own after watching your video :)

• Like Like x 1