1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Contracts again [sorry]

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Rich Maskell, Aug 16, 2011.

1. In career mode, Do you generally get offerred a contract by your current team first?

I'm in 1st year of 3 years and with Torro Rosso, but was hoping I'd be picked up by a bigger team after a good few wins. I don't want to decline and then find out the game ends after 1 year or something as I have had no other deals!! :redface:

2. If you are in your first year, you may not get many offers other than from your current team as your reputation won't be high enough. Although if you are way off from completing your season objective they might delay the offer.

3. Thanks. I looked in dave o'reilly's guide and that answers some questions

what sort of reputation do you need to get offerred a contract from a mid-range team like Mercedes, Williams, Renault?

thanks

4. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

I have been offered a contract by my current team at Silverstone each year. I'm in season 4/7 and have signed with Lotus for season 5 so am not very experienced at getting or accepting other teams offers I'm afraid.
    In a 7 year career Renault is 31 points and RedBull /McLaren 35.
    The Lotus is so fast now I would not change teams except for a tier 1 car.

5. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

Don't praise your team on your wins in the press room, and you'll get interest from other teams, but your rank needs to be high to drive for a good team. 30 or above.

6. cheers all, I noticed that if teams are interested it says the required reputation points. I will stop praising my team and try and get on that Williams bus!

7. Im at race 16 Suzuka and accepted Mclaren Offer Season 3/7 Driving on custom setting with everything off except TC (I use Controller )
    And on legend AI etc.

8. I can't remember what settings I started on but I get forced to accept new contracts each year :\ think it might be three years? I've won the WDC first two years (once with McLaren) now with Toro Rosso in 3rd season, 10 races in and I can't anywhere near the points, the car is really slow and I've tried different set ups. I've complained a lot because of it and the team is now disgruntled :d Think I may actually go the whole season without a win!

9. What does "disregarded" mean in terms of contracts?

If I'm disregarded by a team, why are they impressed with my press comments?

10. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly

I think its Rep points IE not enough.

11. I don't think so. I am currently on 20 rep points but HRT, Lotus and Virgin wwho require far less, are disregarding me.

12. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly

maybe its your haircut?

13. Could be, but Virgin have Timo Glock driving for them. So this theory is blown out of the water.

14. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly

and Heidfeld with Renault, clearly they dont care about hair.