1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Contract Offer Expiration?

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Tukutz, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Hello, I'm new here, so I'm sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong section or something. I did a search of the forum but couldn't find an answer to my question, so here it is:

How long can I ignore a contract offer before it goes away? I got offered #2 for Ferrari after Yeongam, but I want to wait until after Yas Marina to see if I get offers from different teams for their #1 seat.

Thanks for your time.

2. I don't know really but i think the offer should be there till the end of the season

3. Hmmm, same question. Have an offer from McLaren but since I want to go to Ferrari I'll wait a bit longer.

4. follow the reputation level thread.. you should know where you stand to receiving offers from desired teams..

5. The offers do expired at a point. I had like 5 or 6 offers from differente teams, miedium low teams. At the same time a I had an offer from BMW Sauber that it is my team on this first year. I got them about 5 racers before the end of the season. I did'nt react to any of then, only rejected the one from BMW Sauber because was as second rider. I got a new one as firts rider.
    Ok, after Suzuka I got my championship and after the race, in which I was second, a number of contract offers were gone and a new one was there, Red Bull. Also the interest from Ferrari as come a posibility. There are now lest contract offers from those low, medium teams, but more interest from stronger teams like Ferrari and a direct offert from Red Bull as second pilot with Vettel.
    So, offers has a limit of time to react, at least those from small teams.

6. Well looking into the data base I saw the contract offer time value's and they start at 2 and end at 4 so I think that is how long the offer remain's open for in race weekend's I think ! I have not tested it just telling you what I have seen.

7. Ok thanks a lot for the help!

8. Hi

2 to 4 races is what I can confirm too after 6 seasons. ;-)

CB

9. Well there you go then, confirmation of the data, I am surprised lol :D

10. Thanks for the confirmation then! Probably best to just assume it'd always be 2, mightn't want to risk ignoring for 4 races :p

11. Why not be a gambling man and go for 3 instead lol. I think from memory of course, that the top team's were more 2 and lower team's 4 so bear that in mind, the next time I am in the database I will look it up and let you know what I see.

12. That sounds pretty fair enough I suppose. Thanks for helping me out with that.