Apps Content Manager removing tags from multiple cars

Does anyone know if there is some way to remove a tag from multiple cars

eg say I choose the tag "Street" in content and then view all cars with that tag ..is there a way to select them all and remove the tag "street" ?

I figured it out, kinda...

I wanted to remove all tags from all cars.

So with Notepad++ (free opensource) I was able to mass edit the JSON files that define car data. Use the "Find in Files" function.

My settings are attached.

Hope it helps.

Attachments

• nplus.jpg
    nplus.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 237
So, I have no idea what I'm doing with Notepad++, but I copied those "find in files" settings, and i get "0 hits in 0 files of 2097 searched, and all my tags are still there. any help?

Attachments

• Tags.PNG
    Tags.PNG
    448 KB · Views: 107
So, I have no idea what I'm doing with Notepad++, but I copied those "find in files" settings, and i get "0 hits in 0 files of 2097 searched, and all my tags are still there. any help?

A few months late, but to you or anyone else that has come googling for a solution:

FIND WHAT: "tags":.+?],
REPLACE WITH: "tags": "",

for anyone strugling, aftere you put in the find what, replace with, filters and directory you have to click replace in files and not find all
1. Open Notepad++
2. Select Find in Files tab and enter the following...
a. Find what: "tags":.+?],
b. Replace with: "tags": "",
FOR CARS
c. Filters: *ui_car.json
d. Directory: C:\STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars
FOR TRACKS
c. Filters: *ui_track.json
d. Directory: C:\STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks
3. In Search Mode select 'Regular expression' and 'matches newline'
4. Check the boxes for 'In all sub-folders', 'Transparency' and 'On losing focus'
5. Finally, click the 'Replace in Files' button

NOTE: Directory is wherever you installed Steam.

Warning this broke all mods for me, Content manager displays "file "ui_car.json" is damaged" after letting content manager try to fix it all car data will be missing so your p/w ratio filters and everything will no longer work. Don't do this or backup everything or you might lose year's worth of mods.

Warning this broke all mods for me, Content manager displays "file "ui_car.json" is damaged" after letting content manager try to fix it all car data will be missing so your p/w ratio filters and everything will no longer work. Don't do this or backup everything or you might lose year's worth of mods.
I can only assume that you missed something in the instructions. It only targets information in "tags" and NOT the additional information found in "torqueCurve" or "powerCurve" that may affect your cars.

1. Open Notepad++
2. Select Find in Files tab and enter the following...
a. Find what: "tags":.+?],
b. Replace with: "tags": "",
FOR CARS
c. Filters: *ui_car.json
d. Directory: C:\STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars
FOR TRACKS
c. Filters: *ui_track.json
d. Directory: C:\STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks
3. In Search Mode select 'Regular expression' and 'matches newline'
4. Check the boxes for 'In all sub-folders', 'Transparency' and 'On losing focus'
5. Finally, click the 'Replace in Files' button

NOTE: Directory is wherever you installed Steam.
worked thanks

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea