Constantly Grinding Gears

So I'm really new to RRE and been trying to learn heel n toe while waiting for my SHH Newt shifter to come in, won't be here for another month. So right now, I'm using a T150 with T3PA pedals and using paddles with clutch on older cars, and turned on h-pattern shifting so it wouldn't auto blip for me on downshifts, but no matter how slow or fast I shift on any old cars, I just get a loud grinding from the transmission. Is it because I'm not using an H-pattern shifter, or is it just my shifting ability? Thanks.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. I guess we’ll see once I get my shifter, and hopefully it works

Should do. Never had any issues with my shifter in R3E. I did lower the range of my clutch pedal though, as the bite was too high for my liking which would often cause a mis-shift in the heat of racing.

(Am I imagining things, or did R3E used to have an option to set the bite point?)

I also drive vintage cars with an H-shifter and heel-and-toe and I often get some missed upshifts or downshifts, especially as I spend my time hotlapping and chasing the final thousandths... Some cars need you to be very precise if you don't want to waste your lap .

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.