F1 2012 Constant audio/sound stuttering

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all,

I just recieved F1 2012 today which I'm really excited about. I succesfully installed and booted up the game to find that all my in-game sound is constantly stuttering. About 4 times a second all sound is briefly cut away before returning, making the game impossible for me to play. The actual game does not stutter at all, so it's purely sound related. I would like a solution for this since I want to enjoy the game. I own and have played both F1 2010 and F1 2011, and all audio on those games was perfectly fine.

My system specs are:

Motherboard: Asus P5KPL/1600
Processing power: 2.83 GHz
RAM memory: 3,00 GB
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260

I had a look on the internet and thus far I've done this, but generated no results:

- Trying headphones as well as speakers
- Updated my Nvidia driver to the latest version (306.23)
- Updated my Realtek HD Audio driver to the latest version
- In Device Manager, I looked up my audio drivers. The three that are listed are: Avnex Virtual Audio Device, High-Definition Audio-Device, Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio (Vista). I tried turning off the Avnex Virtual Audio Device to see if it in some way was conflicting with the other two, but it didn't make a difference.
- Whilst in-game, open task manager and give F1 2012 high priority

Another potential fix that I came across on the internet was to uninstall my primary IDE ATA/ATAPI controller and then reboot the PC. I did not try this option because I can't make out which of the listed drivers under IDE ATA/ATAPI-controllers is my primary one. Also I don't exactly know what this controller does, therefore I haven't touched it.

Is there anyone able to help me with this? I would greatly appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Leon Charmant.

After having spent the entire evening looking for a fix I finally got the audio working. It turns out that my Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio driver was causing the audio stutter, so I disabled that and opted for the standard Windows High Defenition Audio-Device. The quality of the sound is less good than the Sound Blaster driver, but for me it works perfectly now. A new driver version for the Sound Blaster driver did not fix the problem.

I've played about an hour so far and I'm really enjoying the game!

Now to install the HD textures :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back