F1 2012 Connection Lost

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
If you are using a software firewall, like the Windows Firewall, then temporarily disable it and try again.

If it now works, then you now know that you have to give the game permission to pass through your firewall, or open ports in your firewall.

If it is disabled and still doesn't work, then go through the port forwarding procedures (for your router/modem) detailed here

Added Note: A friend of mine had this problem when he first bought the game. He was fine in the lobby, then during the loading of the game, when you are meant to appear in the garage at the end of the process, he would disconnect every time.

When talking to him about this as it was happening, I discovered that he was way behind me as each loading screen appears. Then when I was in the garage waiting for him, he was still a long way back at one of the earlier screens. It looked like the connection was timing out just as he was appearing in the garage. Very frustrating.

He was using an old tri-core cpu at the time, which he later upgraded. After the upgrade he had no problems, the game loaded faster, he had not changed anything else

I am not saying change your CPU, I am just pointing out that there could be many reasons, and if your system is a bit 'minimal', on the low end of the specs, then it can effect such things

Yeah, you will not have problems with Bulldozers or Piledrivers :)

I just added the info because your story reminded me of my friend's predicament .....

Even thought this game doesn't have the greatest of connection stability, I would go down the port forwarding route

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.