Confusing Experience trying to buy DTM online

I made the decision today to relent and purchase DTM experience. The reason is that I really enjoyed the new Audi in R3E and I figured I waited long enough to buy DTM.

So I click on the icon in R3E and I am given two choices:
1) Buy the 2013 game only for €24.99
2) buy the game plus the code for the 2014 edition for €39.99

#2 is what I want so I read the instructions and I click on "Buy Redeem Code" for €39.99.

Except that when I click on that it takes me to a link (http://store.dtm-experience.com/game.html) where the game costs 24.99. Clearly not the one I want.
So I go back to R3E and click on the other option. That one keeps me inside the steam system and gives me various choices for purchasing credits, but the price I see listed is 2900vRP which also amounts to around €24.99 if my math is correct.

By the way, the reason why I am not buying it here on RD is because I already have the free car and track they are offering.

What is going on? Is the price lower now? Why wouldn't I be able to buy the €39.99 package?

I should point out that my expertise is in e-commerce, so I am not a babe in the woods when it comes to buy things online (At the same time, building shopping carts doesn't mean I am immune from brain farts).

this is not a very clear interface and certainly not an intuitive process.

Now, it's possible that upon following one of the two paths, I can then pay for the code and get both the 2013 game and the 2014 code, but nothing assures me of that and I don't know what would happen if I buy the wrong package. Am I then forced to play the 2013 game and buy the 2014 one full price when it comes out?

If someone has completed the transaction directly from R3E or knows of a place where I can do it, pay with paypal and get the download immediately, I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

Bought DTM2013+2014Update from this store yesterday and got the code last night. Entered the code on game.raceroom.com .. worked like a charme. Looking forward to driving that Audi tonight. The cool impressions from the MP-Alpha test made me buy DTM .. looks like a great game! Thanks SimBin, thanks Bram! :)
I am sure you will enjoy Andre. Put on a set of headphones, turn up the volume, and immerse yourself. With triple-screen, a good wheel, tactile feedback (SimVibe), and the "sounds", it transports me back to the IRL days I was a weekly regular at the short-track slug-fests!

Last edited:
Hehe!

I never liked RRRE that much. The available cars are either too fast for me, or too old-school (being an old Race07 addict, I like the Seat Leon). But when I had the chance to participate in that MP-Alpha test, I was kind of shocked as how much fun driving that Audi is. This grip .. it's fantastic! I'm in love! :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back