• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Configuring H Shifter Plugin

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Pete Mull, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Pete Mull

Pete Mull

Ratings:
    +33
    The H shifter I'm trying to use has multiple buttons on for 4 of the gears and the remainder use 3 or 4 buttons set for each gear selection.

Does anyone know how to have multiple buttons for each of the gear settings in the H shifter plugin.

Thanks,
    Pete

2. Norman Biscuits

Norman Biscuits
    Banned

Ratings:
    +40
    These threads shouldn't be posted in the Rally Club. :thumb:

EDIT:
    I've moved both threads to the correct Richard Burns Rally Forum.

3. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes

Ratings:
    +1,821
    Pete, I'm not sure I understand your problem. :confused:
    I have previously tested my G25 H Shifter with RBR using the H Shifter plug-in and it all worked as I expected.
    After loading the plug-in, I just went to the RBR Options\Controller setup menu. Then I assigned each movement of the H Shifter to the gear selection I wanted. ie. For first gear, hit enter to allow an assignment, then move the shifter to the 1st gear position. etc.

I think the Plug-in also has an option for using auto neutral, but I haven't tried it for a while so not sure how that bit works.
    If your H Shifter (Act Labs??) doesn't work, then maybe someone else may know about that one.

4. Pete Mull

Pete Mull

Ratings:
    +33
    Hi Warren,
    Thanks for your feedback - Roy Visser has suggested that I try joy2key and configure the H shifter plugin to keyboard strokes and then assign the Act shifter gears to the same keyboard strokes. I think you'll find that the G25/G27 shifter works because it only has one button assigned per gear position whereas the Act Labs shifter assigns between 1 and 3 buttons per gear position and the plugin will only accept one button to be allocated per gear :frown:

Will post back with the results.

Pete

5. John Cunningham

John Cunningham

Ratings:
    +322
    my shifter works fine, thanks for the download! However, having driven for ummmmm 25 years (daily for work) I cannot seem to get my brain into the right gear to actually work the dem pedals/gear stick... weird! :zip: