• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Configure the default HUD options in AMS

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by SeriousNewb, Jul 12, 2017.

1. SeriousNewb

SeriousNewb

Ratings:
    +11
    I have the CleanHUD enabled in AMS. I've noticed that with the default options that if I use the toggle keys to switch between the different views that a track map can be shown but when I select that mode the MFD (lower right of image below outlined in white) disappears. I've tried using the LCD modes to get it to show but it won't unless I toggle another mode where then the track map doesn't show.

[​IMG]

I've using the ProHUD mod available here which places an MFD element on the left beside the track map and a speedometer that for some cars I don't need but don't seem able to turn off and overall the view is sort of busy... Is it possible to get the above option working?
    [​IMG]

2. Tim O'Glock

Tim O'Glock
    Premium

Ratings:
    +172
    I can't help you with CleanHUD, but I just updated ProHUD. You can now turn off individual elements with the numpad keys.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SeriousNewb

SeriousNewb

Ratings:
    +11
    just in time then as I only first tried ProHuD today, reinstall and use the number keys it is then, thank you!!

4. SeriousNewb

SeriousNewb

Ratings:
    +11
    I downloaded the ProHUD update and now have it as I'd wanted it. Minor thing though is I don't have a number pad on my keyboard so long story short I found a virtual one https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpad-emulator/ which I then had running on a second display which did the trick. I've added it to the screenshot below but of course it doesn't run on top of the game. And I tweaked the vertical height of the map and tire info in the 1080 version, I just wanted them to be a bit lower, pretty good now thought I think ;) I'm not sure if the settings stay applied so I think I need to apply them each time I run the game, I can live with that though and again thanks!
    [​IMG]

[EDIT] Windows 7/10 includes and onscreen keyboard app which can display a numpad, brief instructions below
    1. Run the On-Screen Keyboard program. There are several ways you can do this:
      • Click on “Start”, type “on-screen”, and when “On-Screen Keyboard” appears, click on it.
      • Click on “Start” and navigate to “On-Screen Keyboard” (on my Windows 7 machine, it is under “All Programs” → “Accessories” → “Ease of Use”).
      • Click on “Start”, click on “Run…” (if you have it on your Start Menu), and type “osk” (and press Enter).
      • Press [​IMG] (Windows)+R, and type “osk” (and press Enter).
      • etc.
    2. Then,
      • If your On-Screen Keyboard has a “Num Lock” on-screen key, click on it.
      • Otherwise, or if that doesn’t work, click on “Options”, “Turn on numeric keypad”, “OK”, and then try again.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  5. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,044
    You can edit the Clean HUD using the DynHud editor - even create a custom layout from scratch. I'm using a customized HUD myself.

I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve, though.