• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Configurations not saved

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by AadHofman, Jan 2, 2017.

1. AadHofman

AadHofman

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi, I bought the title from a sale, and enjoying the graphics (physics not so much). However there's one big problem. None of my settings (control, ffb) are saved, so I have to remap everything when restarting the game. Pain in the butt. It doesn't matter if I only use wheel buttons at the start nor any other shenanigans. Is there some configuration file I could edit and save the info? Any help appreciated!

(T300, Elite pedals and G27 shifter here)

2. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium

Ratings:
    +768
    I had the same problem, if you use enter on the keyboard if knocks out the settings ! Just use the buttons on the wheel
    (bottom left) also don't remap the pause button. I was using a DFGT + G27 before, now with a TX still not perfect when setting mouse control that causes issues as well.
    Save your profile see if that helps, you may need to do a bit of Google for more info it's a know issue

• Like Like x 2
  3. AadHofman

AadHofman

Ratings:
    +24
    Thanks for the info (and quick reply)!

• Like Like x 1
  4. AadHofman

AadHofman

Ratings:
    +24
    Well, I can confirm that nothing helps. Controls are always reset. I think I'm going to reinstall next.

Oh, I wonder if Steam Cloud somehow messes with the settings...Going to disable it first.*

*didn't help

5. Ian Cameron

Ian Cameron

Ratings:
    +54
    Only setting for me that won't save is mapping my handbrake axis with a modified logitech joystick never had a problem before

6. AadHofman

AadHofman

Ratings:
    +24
    Perhaps a problem with more than 2 controllers?

7. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +88
    I experienced this at some point. IIRC the solution was to not remap the pause function. So try to assign the rest of the functions to whatever you please, but don't touch the pause ;)

8. AadHofman

AadHofman

Ratings:
    +24
    Reinstalling did help! The game even signs into Racenet which it didn't do ever before. 2-controller settings were saved!

When I have time I'll test it with 4 controls (G27-shifter and Edtracker added to T300 and Elite Pedals).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium

Ratings:
    +768
    Stick with it, I know it's pain at first but once your up an running the sim is good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AadHofman

AadHofman

Ratings:
    +24
    Yay, everything works as it should, even with more controllers! I can see orange circle bottom right whenever I change settings as a sign of the game saving them. Seems to me that Racenet connectivity was the deciding factor.

Won't remap the pause button, that's for sure. :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,243
    I've remapped pause with no ill affects. Pressing enter to start the game does indeed reset everything though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +103
    I had read that before, but unfortunately, it steals my upshift paddle for Pause... Grrrr!

I have another Steam game (Crash Time II) where if you hit Enter when the game starts, no controller. Hit the A button on the pad first, then you get controls. So, same deal with Dirt Rally, if I hit button #2 on the wheel and it does nothing, I exit the game and start it again. I know it lets me avoid remapping. Worst case, I start a stage and go to shift into 2nd and it pauses... YARP!

• Like Like x 1