HP Z420 Workstation
Processeur : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz
Carte mère : HP 1589
Mémoire RAM : 64 Go
Carte Graphique : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Stockage : SSD
power supply : 600w

Screen : Dell U3219Q

As I haven't enough for a new complet computer, do you think that buy a RTX 2080ti will "jump" / provide a gap of the global game quality (fps, visual...) ? (I mainly play on assetto)

or an other compatible card ?
or just keep as it is because difficult to obtain better due to the other components ?

Many thanks !
Alex

Your GPU is a few years newer than your CPU, and I'd expect that much/most of the time your performance bottleneck will be the CPU. That would probably mean that a GPU upgrade wouldn't help very much.

It leaves you with the tough decision to upgrade pretty much everything except the GPU, SSD and monitor. I'm not familiar with that HP workstation; you may be able to salvage the chassis and PSU (some big OEMs use non-standard stuff, making upgrades more painful), but for sure the motherboard and RAM would need to be replaced alongside the CPU.
(Even today, a GTX 1070 is not an awful GPU if you game at 1080p, but I note that you have a 4k monitor.)

thanks for your reply/advice !
unfortunately, you confirm what I was afraid of... not a lot of things to do with this current computer and keep for an upgrade...
yeah the 1070 still works well (but the mind imagine everytime a better visual for cheap haha)
, I will continue with until the opportunity to change whole computer

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea