Complete clean reinstallation advice sought

I'll be asking the same question on the AMS forum

Over the last few years as AC has evolved on my PC I have introduced some issues that I am unable to cure; an example is the SOL mod making a number of tracks unplayable due to the graphics settings washing out the colours and increasing the brightness to the point where you can't really see the track. No matter what I do I am unable to recover them, even disabling the SOL mod, but they were fine before that.

However there are a number of good mods that I want to keep, like the Ferrari 312T4 car, and the add on tracks.

So how can I keep what I want, and do a clean install of AC without having to note down all the mods and tracks and re-download / install them? I want SOL gone, so don't want to try and recover the current installation, and of course I would like to keep user settings in a way that the good parts can be re-applied, with lap times etc.

So, is there a guide to how to do this? Does Content Manager have a function to help? By the way, it is a Steam based install

Cheers

Les

What version of Sol are you using and what ppfilter with it. I get what you mean with sol though - I had a mare of a time with an old old version of it and ended up manually removing it from everywhere in Assetto; uninstalling csp and then removing csp folder from user/local; then deleting document folder and then doing a steam integrity check and then re-installed the lot again and all was good in the world again for me.

Assuming you installed everything in the default locations. Make copies\backups of these three folders first:

C:\Users\'your name'\Documents\Assetto Corsa (laptimes, setups, media, etc.)
C:\Users\'your name'\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager (if you use Content Manager. Saves your video, controller, etc. presets and settings)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa (if you want to preserve all your tracks and cars with any skins, etc. you have added over time)

Now you can try whatever you want without fear of losing anything. But I have to ask, if all you want is to get rid of Sol, why don't you just run the Sol uninstaller bat file included with the Sol download? Or just deactivate it or switch to the default weather under the weather options in Content Manager. If Sol is your only problem, I don't know why you would want to go through the entire reinstallation process just to get rid of Sol.

Last edited:
Apologies for the delayed response to your help on this, life and work got in the way.

To the second point first, I was unaware that Sol had that uninstaller, and using that allowed me to get rid of Sol and it looks like it did the trick - a few tracks I tried this morning that were unplayable are now back in their former glory. Not sure what went wrong with Sol, but I am happy to report success without a nuclear option of a complete reinstall, so many thanks for your help and pointing that out

As for the first point, that is good to know for any future screw ups I happen to make, so thanks for that infor too!

Cheers
Les

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 35 37.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 51 54.8%