Competitive Sebring AI

Misc Competitive Sebring AI 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Giovaneveterano submitted a new resource:

Competitive Sebring AI - Competitive offline racing at the magnificent circuit of Sebring

View attachment 238487
To be honest, the AI is not competitive at all in most of the tracks, even at 100%, so I created a new line to force the AI drivers to take smoother paths through the corners: the process is not so obvious and it took more than a couple of attempts.
I found a good compromise between corner speed, braking and early on the throttle.
It's still a very early attempt with not so amazing results, but at least qualifying now is very challenging (2:04 with Porsche Cup...

Read more about this resource...

Hey, tbh i haven't fully tested it yet, but i just looked at your line and while the line itself is fine, the tracklimits are really terrible in your files. Sometimes the tracklimits go through walls, which means that the AI cars will try to go through them when overtaking in some cases. I'd suggest either redoing the track limits from scratch with the AI line helper app (availible here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-line-helper.16016/), or incorporate the limits done by others, if granted permission, like these here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sebring-ai.16217/

What you do is only extract the side_l and side_r files into the data folder, but keep your own fast_lane.ai and pit_lane.ai files. Then press shift when starting any session on the track which will bake the track limits into your fast_lane.ai file.

Edit: I just read your file description and saw that you mentioned this exact issue with the AI touching the walls. Fixing the tracklimits will fix that.

What you do is only extract the side_l and side_r files into the data folder, but keep your own fast_lane.ai and pit_lane.ai files. Then press shift when starting any session on the track which will bake the track limits into your fast_lane.ai file.
Thanks for the suggestion!
The side files are already into the data folder from default, but sorry I don't understand the "shift" press, nothing happens!
I may ask you to merge the track limits for me? That would be faster than explaining the whole thing to me :O_o:

When you click the "race" button you have to hold down the shift key until you’re in the cockpit, this way the new sidelines will be baked into your ai line.

Is there anything you can do about the start ?? I.E the AI diving into the middle of the track and stopping / flapping before they get going.

Apart from that, really enjoying racing against them (AI) just needs that minor tweak and boom 5 stars !

Is there anything you can do about the start ?? I.E the AI diving into the middle of the track and stopping / flapping before they get going.

Apart from that, really enjoying racing against them (AI) just needs that minor tweak and boom 5 stars !
I agree, it's annoying, but it's not an issue releated to my mod. It happens on every track with the AI being a bit dumb at the start. I'll try to fix it anyway

Ok, I've only ever seen it at Le Mans - all the other mod tracks I've got are fine with AI start. I think it's related to the AI being so close together (grid spacing) but i could be wrong !t

Paul Ricard needs a good AI line hint hint !! LOL ;)

two people who probably would know (how to fix it) are LilSki and Mitja Bonca, maybe worth asking on the Official AC forums ?

To fix that, the AI line needs to go through - or be pretty close to one side of the starting grid. This is because both sides of the grid will rush to get to the ideal line (the AI line) until that space is occupied. Only when they realize the ideal line is occupied, they will use the rest of the track space within the defined track limits.

If you record the AI line going between the starting grid lines, the time between the start and them realizing it is already occupied and they shouldn't rush there will be at its maximum.

Here are some pictures for easier explanation. This is your AI line. Both cars will go towards the middle and it's going to take a "long" time for someone to occupy that line.

sebringqnugt.jpg

Here is the Monza AI line by Kunos. The ideal line will instantly be occupied by the cars on the left. The cars on the right won't even bother going there.

monzaf4u2j.jpg

Also on Sebring it's even worse, because 2 cars start directly next to each other.

Here are some pictures for easier explanation. This is your AI line. Both cars will go towards the middle and it's going to take a "long" time for someone to occupy that line.

sebringqnugt.jpg

Here is the Monza AI line by Kunos. The ideal line will instantly be occupied by the cars on the left. The cars on the right won't even bother going there.

monzaf4u2j.jpg

Also on Sebring it's even worse, because 2 cars start directly next to each other.

Get that man a beer !!! he knows what he's on about ;) Now - GO FIX IT !!!

Getting better, the AI are setting some good competitive times !! Still flappy at the beginning but..... i guess you have done what you can :)

Can i put a shout in for;

Donnington
Paul Ricard
Le Mans !

Wish i could do this myself, I've tried but it doesn't seem to go very well LOL !!

Getting better, the AI are setting some good competitive times !! Still flappy at the beginning but..... i guess you have done what you can :)
The starting procedure needs some refinements, still. I did 3 different fast lines and this is the best result overall, it's not what I'd like to have tho.
I'm sure you agree with me about the overall performance.
There will be more updates, hopefully! Stay tuned mate, and thanks all for the support, it always helps :inlove:

The starting procedure needs some refinements, still. I did 3 different fast lines and this is the best result overall, it's not what I'd like to have tho.
I'm sure you agree with me about the overall performance.
There will be more updates, hopefully! Stay tuned mate, and thanks all for the support, it always helps :inlove:

No worries m8, i'm really enjoying racing against the AI and finding them quite a challenge LOL !! Hopefully there is come clever way of sorting the starting problem out then it will be perfect.

I haven't read it all but the problem with sebring is not that the AI line goes down the middle but that the grid spots are too close together and the start grid should be staggered like on the Monza shot. AC needs a minimum gap of about 40 feet between cars for the AI the launch properly. When the grid spots are too close the AI tries to "evade" the car in front causing the swerving.

Last edited:
I haven't read it all but the problem with sebring is not that the AI line goes down the middle but that the grid spots are too close together and the start grid should be staggered like on the Monza shot. AC needs a minimum gap of about 40 feet between cars for the AI the launch properly. When the grid spots are too close the AI tries to "evade" the car in front causing the swerving.

I knew you would know the answer ;) Lets hope it can be sorted as it's a great track to race around. Any news on Watkins ;) ??

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.