Community Question | Your Favourite Mod

There are so many, I will name a few, Grande Mod F1 (F1-Challenge 99-02), has two Italian creators, Absolute Le Mans (GTR2), WSC70 (GTR2), World Endurance Series (Rfactor), Historic GT (GTLegends and Rfactor ), all by f1 Classic, by Bazza, by Tatinos and others by Rfactor, in addition to Rfactor, Assetto Corsa, by Legion, F1 1937 and others by F1, the Prototype mods. There are other excellent WSC 1953-1954 (Rfactor2). There are many, of excellent quality. Several from the Motorist, of course, both from national categories in my Brazil, as well as from foreign tourism, supertourism and GT3.
The Absolute Le Mans (GTR2) looks promising indeed!

I wasn't honestly going to answer in this thread as I don't mod, well at least I didn't until this morning when something in my youtube feed caught my eye.

Now I'd heard of this before, but that was back when I was sim racing on the PS4, so obviously it wouldn't work, and I forgot about it.

Much against my better judgement I installed it, totally expecting to spend the rest of the day prodding and poking around with AC trying to get it working again - all my previous attempts at modding anything have been a total disaster requiring a complete deletion of the game and all associated files. I only have to look at content manager and AC will totally break for me.

However to my utter astonishment not only did this work, but it worked flawlessly (almost) first time, and added a complete new dimension and level of immersion to AC that I never thought I'd see (or hear)

What was it?

Crew Chief.

I am in complete awe of how this has changed AC's level of immersion for me, especially in VR, and I haven't even scratched the surface of what this will do. The only small problem I've found is that the chief is not accurate with my position - telling me I'm 4th when I'm actually plumb last.

EDIT: Found the solution to the position problem. The "Force single class" option needs to be on in the crew chief preferences.

Last edited:
20200420212228_1.jpg
DRM A.C.

WSGT and Power & Glory - GTR2
DRM and Race Sim Studio (Basically all the stuff by them, i've driven) - AC
Cart Extreme - AMS
MAK Corp. Group C - rF2
Crew Chief - basically everywhere, what an effort!
OtterHUD - R3E

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 Ultrapack.
Funny, this also came in my mind instantaneously, when thinking about "favourite mod" in general! :D
Also the Dark Blue World (1916) additions.
UP3 Absolutely transforms an even vanilla awesome game.

Last edited:
AMS:
-Cart Extreme

AC:
-CSP and SOL of course
Cars:
Race Sim Studio:
>Formula Hybrid X 2021
>Formula Hybrid 2020
>Formula Americas 2020
>Formula RSS 2000 V10
>Formula 3
>GT Pack
-Bazza's Touring Car Legends & Trans AM Legends
-Renault R25 by VRC
Tracks:
-Bikernieki
-Daytona
-Donington Park
-Goodwood Circuit
-Le Grand Circuit 1967 (Le Mans)
-Road America by Lilski
-Watkins Glen
-New Jersey Motorsports Park: Lightning
-Mosport 2019
-Virginia International Raceway
-Sebring (AC Track Reboot)

Recently I really like the Testarossa from the NFS Tournament mod, fun to drive and sounds insane (the others need some work on the sounds department IMO), but of all time: Deutschlandring by @Fat-Alfie is my favourite mod track and the RSS Formula Hybrid 2019 is my favourite mod car.

This is of course if the holy trinity of Content Manager, Custom Shaders Patch and Sol is not in the running, otherwise they'd win hands down...I probably wouldn't drive AC anymore if those 3 didn't come along and transform it completely. Also, Crewchief...never leave home without it.

My own F1 Hero mods based on the NES game. 13 years of hard work, and still going. :)

Now, for those available through the Internet:

Cart 1988 for rFactor

Grand Prix Legends 1955 mod:

Constrictor Modding Team mods 2017-2019 for F1 Challenge

Last edited:
Here's my all time top 5 in no particular order....

ETCC for F1C
HistorX/Power and Glory
GTP for NR2k3
Crew Chief
Sim Experience/Sim Vibe

The rest of the top 10ish, honorable mention's
Tie: Aero Wars 88 and Trans AM mods by the US Pits for NR2k3
Content Manager
Sim Hub
Porsche Cup (all 5 versions) for GTR2
F1 1979 not sure which version, doesn't matter
Virtua_LM the LeMans Project