Community Question | Your Favourite Car and Lap Combination in Sim Racing

So many to choose from !!! Track wise I agree with all who say Bathurst and Long Beach, I'll add Laguna Seca, Cadwell Park, Donington, Barcalona (pre F1 chicanes). But special shout out to the Isle of Man TT course, most epic lap anywhere.

Fave vehicles for those tracks, V8 Supercars, Super GTs, GT1s, Kawasaki ZX10R.

Over the years I've had many favourite combinations, SuperV8 @ Cascavel in AMS and the GTE Porsche @ Sebring in RF2 are worthy mentions.

But the one I keep going back too is the Bentley GT3 @ Bathurst in RF2, it's just one of those monster cars on a monster track that for some reason keeps pulling me back in. Sure I mean any car on Bathurst is an absolute joyride, but the Bentley just has that "almost V8Supercar" touch about it which I guess I lean too.

So on that note and when it's released, my next fave IS going to be the SuperV8 @ Bathurst in AMS2!

for me in AC its also Bathurst, but the Nissan GT-R

My current absolute favorite is the SprintRace car in Monaco (or whatever AMS2 is calling Monaco)

For me its hard to pick since every car and lap combination for me its diffrent and more technical from the top. I want to push myself every time to get faster and better so no matter the track and car combination in Assetto corsa i will go all out

1967 cars at the old Spa especially that Ferrari ! Wayy too many cookie cutter tracks out there now.Any of Fat-Alfies tracks present and future, truly a Master builder of tracks with attention to detail second to none.
And GPL all cars and tracks, don't thinkI would be sim racing if not for that great sim.Also older cars without ABS, but also lower powered cars like the F-Vee where driving becomes an art not to scrubb off speed.
Of course the old Lemans, especially with the Ford GT, never realized it had such poor brakes.
Fav sim GPL and Assetto Corsa with Automobilista a close third.

Oh, btw in my previous list I completely forgot
rF1 - CSGT's WSC 1970 GT5000 and the Ray Cuomo-Racing-Team Mustang Group 2 with the 287cu Shelby Ford Windsor
Primarily run at Alvin Callender Field and 1970 Road Atlanta (AFAIR, might be 1970 Elkhart Lake)

As soon the ver. 1.0 mod was available, I drove it endless. Just for the sound of it.

This mod was more or less the reason why I decided to retrieve my old solid powerful analog HiFi system and build it together with my 5.1 sourround system. Felt like all my room shaked during downshifts. And down the straight at Alvin Callender Field: "is that a plane taking off or just me? :D Well engine sound experience is a major part of sim racing for me, but just average-good headset e.g. as my Sennheiser RS175 with a little tuning and high volume can do it, not switching on my analog sound system.

Last edited:
Renault rs10 on Kyalami @ rFactor . The best memories when I started simracing and discovering good classic F1. I just couldn't believe how great those care were.

5949-F1_GP_1980_.jpg

Beat me if you can!

1- Automobilista1:

Formula Truck @ Mendig Långschleife.
Mini Cooper Works @ (?).

2- rFactor2:

Any car any track. OK I give example
Oreca 07 LMP2 @ Le Mans (Condition dark long tiring night, rainy or clear).

3- Project Cras 2:

Lancer Evo IX @ Azure Coast (sunset).
Lotus Type 98T Renault Turbo @ Nurburgring Nordschleife (rain).
Karts @ (?).

4- Assetto Corsa:

Alfa Romea GTA/GTAM @ Feldbergring.
Lotus Type 49@ (?).

Hounorable mentions for good racing:

Mazda MX-5.
Suzuki Alto.
BMW M3 E30.

Zandvoort.
Laguna Seca.

I take back my words.

I still think my combinations are epic but I am impressed by how many people with high taste we have here.

I expected everyone to say the same popular thing like GT3 @ Nurburgring or F1 @ Monza.

Changes all the time, but right now it's the P3 (whatever the first one in the list is) at Ibarra in AMS2. Fantastic car that has a little bit too much horsepower which lets you turn on the throttle, always dancing with the car on the edge of spinning out. It's one of those combos that has you grinning ear to ear uncontrollably :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.