Community Question | Your Best Sim Racing Purchase

It's hard to single out one item, but most memorable ones are the ones that brought joy, immersion and did the job without much issues. So 3 items that gave me the most joy and least trouble:

* ProSimu T1000 3DOF motion system + SimTools. Exceeded my expectations in a sense that I expected fiddly, problematic device/software. But it is flawless - I have no issues with it, works great and does the job reliably, within its design. What makes me especially happy, I had to buy it blind, withoug being able to test and compare, and I am so glad I did not go the other way I considered.

* Fanatec CSS v1.5. Just love this shifter. One of the pleasures of driving is using all different shifting methods, and being able to H-Shift and Sequatilly shift, with quality and same device, it's a joy.

* Logitech DFGT, cheap, great wheel that brought the joy of FFB to me. Sure, there are better wheels, but DFGT will always remain special to me, never failed, and was affordable, and I wouldn't say I am having much more fun with the current wheel. DFGT+GTR2 was the moment that something flipped and I went from casual driving once in a while to frequent racing.

Last edited:
When you say going from a Fanatec, do you mean a Fanatec DD or a Fanatec belt drive.

I'm currently going through options for a DD wheel (well I have been for a year or so) and Fanatec was at the top of my list for a DD wheel.

Belt drive, CSW V2. If Fanatec had a DD option when I upgraded I probably would have went with them just to stay within the ecosystem. I would say if you currently have fanatec gear, go with fanatec dd.

The best bit of simracing kit I've purchased, and believe that every sim enthusiast should have in their lives is...

View attachment 368920
No more struggling with a lost mouse, dropped mouse, unable to track on your legs mouse. Perfect for cockpit use. Sure it's fugly as hell, but then so are French Bulldogs and it seems every other dog owner has one round my neck of the woods.

EDIT: It's a Logitech K400 Plus in case anybody wants to know.
How does it work with commands that require the keypad numbers instead of the numbers at the top of the keyboard?

In 2020, the list of accessories one can purchase to enhance the sim racing experience is near endless - but which item has been your absolute best sim racing purchase during your virtual career?

It could be a PC component (or a console ofc!), a bit of hardware, an app, a game or even some content - the scope of the question is as wide as you wish to make it.

We are lucky to live in a day and age where many things are possible, and immersion of our hobby has really moved to a level we thought practically impossible just a short decade ago.

With such a massive list of variables within our chosen (e)sport, which piece of hardware/software has proven the test of time to be your ultimate best sim racing purchase?

View attachment 364243
In 2020, the list of accessories one can purchase to enhance the sim racing experience is near endless - but which item has been your absolute best sim racing purchase during your virtual career?

It could be a PC component (or a console ofc!), a bit of hardware, an app, a game or even some content - the scope of the question is as wide as you wish to make it.

We are lucky to live in a day and age where many things are possible, and immersion of our hobby has really moved to a level we thought practically impossible just a short decade ago.

With such a massive list of variables within our chosen (e)sport, which piece of hardware/software has proven the test of time to be your ultimate best sim racing purchase?

View attachment 364243

View attachment 364243

Premium RD membership has paid back immensely, from getting in on the SFX-100 shield U.S. group buy to fellow members giving away game keys and pointing out great software buys.

And I have not downloaded a single car or track mod or other resource! Can't wait to have the time to rebuild my rig and go racing!

So glad to be part of such a knowledgable, helpful and interesting community.

Accuforce V2, no contest. I really adore the thing. The initial phase of getting used to setting it up and learning to feel what it was telling me took awhile but it is fantastic. A close second would be my Oculus Rift, looking into the Apex is awesome, it definitely made me more consistent but not as much as my Accuforce once I bought that.

On the other hand there are things about my rig (obutto ozone) that make me want to upgrade it someday, it would be great to upgrade my pedals as well(clubsport v3), and the Fanatec h shifter and ebrake are great but they feel a bit toy-like.

I'm just glad so many people/companies are passionate about this hobby and there is so much great equipment out there for our niche hobby. If only I could get more friends to buy into it rather than just try my rig. :D

Software and peripheral were these two that ignited my interest.
IMG_20200505_113309.jpg

Hardware was a custom PC that lasted 9 years till 2015, being able to play AC at medium settings.
Asus P5W DH Deluxe, Intel Core2Duo E6600, Nvidia 7900GT.

Best purchase I've made to date was my Sim-plicity Sw10c DD wheel. Can't imagine going back to a belt-driven wheel now.

A close second on the list would be my Oculus Rift VR headset, although I do find it tough on the eyes for long sessions, so don't use it all the time.

These arrived today (the ones on the right). What they replaced on the left.

Just took the pedals for their first run, Holy shitballs, amazing things happened (I drove worse then ever, my lack of skill wasn't the amazing part)
pedals.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes