Community Question | Do You Still Regularly Play 'Old' Sims?

Hi guys...

I never played Assetto Corsa (just play Competizione).

Assetto Corsa is in promo here in Brazil, worth it? Whats do you guys think?

I still think about just for play with prototype cars.

Cheers.

Oh yes, and I expect I always will. Lots of very good visuals on newer games, but sadly lacking in driving experience. I like ability to add on mods created by the talented sim racing community, and it appears that the golden age of mods may be passing. Besides, my computer isn't able to run the more demanding sims properly (I tried ACC and had to return it, thank you Steam!) and I'm not likely to ever find the budget to replace it. There is soooo much really good stuff out there for GTR2, rFactor, Race 07, etc. I just can't give up all those great cars, tracks, and eras.

Hello.. Yes rfactor1, gtr2, and grand prix 4 on pc (sometimes accolade grand prix ha ha ha Travis Daye and Bruno Gourdo are my rivals).... and new ones on ps4 f1 2019 and although not so new assetto.... I don´t know why but the old ones have magic... for example 1990 ferrari´s sounds on rfactor1 are better than new simulators

I play Race 07 a lot (or maybe not actually "play", more using it for testing).
Also have GTR2, for generating .HAT files for tracks, and Assetto Corsa, but I have only tried it once so far :O_o:

It is really satisfying to be able to make the one special car or series you have always missed in other games. When you are used to that it is hard to switch to some other game when you can't. So it is probably a matter of if you prefer:
the best driving => new games or
the best freedom and experience of your favorite car and racing series (unless it is GT3 :D) => older games

(I guess I'm not so much a racing driver, but a racing enthusiast)

All the time, AMS1 and GTR2 are the main racing games I play. Sure GTR2 looks old but as a modder I can keep that game fresh and fun with new cars and the track selection means I can run almost every championship I want in full from the early 90s to today.

GPL is still installed on my PC..... and I'm still amazed by the community which is still alive and active after 20 years.... I still play it from time to time, but as many guys around since I've got my vr headset, simracing on a flat screen has became a non-go for me. AC fulfils my needs right now, it's the legitimate successor of GPL for me (probably due to its modding community)

I still have couple of those on my hard drive Richard Burns rally, Grand Prix Legends Live for Speed.
it comes handy when my GPU recently broke down and I'm at my back up. Which is not really a beast.
Great games but can't stay on these three only for a long time. Saving time I guess :x3: :unsure:

Yes, I love ... GTR2, Race07, Shift ... I have a great time reviewing cars, circuits and game modes ...;) Missing the GP4, I think I can no longer install it on windows 10. ..

I still play NR2003 and rFactor. I mostly play rFactor for the Champcars which aren't available in Assetto Corsa, and a BS port in rF2. I just wish that AC had real weather, then I could finally uninstall GTR2 lol. I have so many obscure mods in rF1 and GTR2 and AC combined that I probably have every racing series ever ran on my SSD. Seriously though, please someone do Champcar in AC.

Occasionally I will dig out F1 Championship Edition and relive the mid 2000s.
It was when I really got into Formula One as a kid so it's always held a place in my heart.
formula_1_9.jpg

Occasionally I will dig out F1 Championship Edition and relive the mid 2000s.
It was when I really got into Formula One as a kid so it's always held a place in my heart.
formula_1_9.jpg
With all due respect this is neither old and even more not a sim :D

Beside those three I already mention... I own Automobilista 1 too.
But I also don't find that game a truly "old", however it is a real sim.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.