Colin McRae 04

Yes, it's an oldie; better than arcade but not quite a sim, it's still fun.

But for the life of me I cannot figure how to scroll the results screen; in rally or championship mode you finish a stage and the results appear but immediately scroll to the bottom of the list so unless you're in the last four you never know how well you did. Same at the end of a rally, if you finish in the top 5 you're congratulated but you still don't know your times unless you're at the bottom. There is nothing in the manual other than generic menu instructions (arrow keys, enter, and escape) and there's virtually nothing informative online.

I can scroll the results by pressing up arrow and down arrow on the keyboard. Maybe if you use a wheel the menu movement controls are remapped to it?
Yes, it's an oldie; better than arcade but not quite a sim, it's still fun.
Still better than everything that came out under Dirt name

Last edited:
BTW thanks for the reminder about CMR series. Installed again all the games (without the first one - still can't figure out how to run it without problems) and I'm having a lot of fun.

Last edited:
I've been unearthing old games recently. Couldn't get CMR 1 to run at all, CMR 2 was too arcade (and what you saw from cockpit view bore no relation to what the replay showed), both went to a thrift store; CMR 04 is actually better than I remembered, main complaint is no control over weather, so some stages are always run in a downpour while others are always clear sunny days.

And I can now scroll the results, though it involves a bit of MS weirdness; pressing the throttle pedal will instantly scroll the list to the top, but barely move the throttle (perhaps 1/4") and I can scroll with the arrow keys. There are no keyboard assignment options (that I found) and controller options show nothing that should cause this.

I've had quite variable luck with dgvoodoo. In Crimson Skies it greatly inproved the frame rates and gave good wide screen image ...but screwed up text in all the popup boxes. After six weeks of no help in the forums I gave up.

I've had quite variable luck with dgvoodoo. In Crimson Skies it greatly inproved the frame rates and gave good wide screen image ...but screwed up text in all the popup boxes. After six weeks of no help in the forums I gave up.
Yes, it's trial and error with dgvoodoo. Some versions work better with certain games, some work worse.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.