1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Cold Engine

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Anuraj Tapidas, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Ok usually when I am driving I get a cold engine like all the time. Using manual gears. How do I prevent this?

2. the only way you can get a green engine is to set the fuel map to rich. On standard and lean there's no way you can get green engine

3. Drive with higher revs, i.e. don't shift too early. And setup your gears so that you're always high. Not too high though or you will loose power..

4. actually that happens only on fast tracks like monza with lot of streights, as it said only way to make it more hot is to drive on limiter in fast corners cause on streights it cools down a lot

5. I have same problem but... what is the problem to drive with cold engine? Less wear, so it's OK. I'm driving with cold engine and don't worry about it :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Generally speaking, the engine operates more efficiently at it's optimum temperature. Better energy efficiency, and the peak power output is at it's highest. Running your engine at it's optimum temperature is basically a "make everything about the engine better" card.