F1 2010 Codemasters' Formula 1 2010 first concrete details

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
dsc01425..jpgdsc01427..jpg

First details for Codemasters' F1 2010 game have been disclosed via the Official Xbox Magazine.

The article includes first-ever preview screenshots of the upcoming game. There are also first previews of the game’s impressive wet weather effects.

The previews show 2009 season cars as placeholders because the brand-new cars of the upcoming 2010 season aren't ready to be shown off yet. It’s unknown whether or not the title will only contain the 2010 season or if the 2009 cars will be included as well.

Instead of just racing, the game’s career mode will give players the ability to influence off-track parts of the career such as speaking to the media, their team and their team-mate with the choice of words affecting the outcome of the career and the relationship to the team. This adds a new and realistic element to the experience as a Formula One driver’s career doesn’t end with stepping out of the car.

Main details:

- Released for the PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. No release date confirmed yet

- Will feature the upcoming 2010 season, including all cars and tracks

- Laser-scanned tracks

- Using Codemasters' EGO engine known from Colin McRae DIRT 2

- Comes with an extensive dynamic weather system, including weather changes, puddles and drying racing lines

- Career mode will include interaction with co-drivers, the team and the media – objectives will differ on whether you're driving for a backmarker team or a championship-contender.

OMG!!!

Drying lines, Puddles, CAN'T WAIT!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If the physics are good, this will be No 1 on my list!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Put the G25 to work for ultimate f1 experience!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

(sorry if i sound over excited!)

As much as im being very skeptical concerning past codemasters products (entertaining yet a very arcade approach) i cannot help myself having high hopes for this title. One thing is certain, with the dirt 2 graphics engine and those weather effects it will be a total eye candy.

Got to agree with the above. The Dirt 2 engine is great and the weather effects will look brilliant. It seems there may be a sim like nature to the game if things like a drying race line are going to be put in. Looks promising!

Screenshots look good, but when don't they? :smile:

I'm hopeful of an more accurate presentation of F1 then say the Codemasters "relaxed" take on rallying. CM sure make fun games though.

I read on another site the F1 games now former executive producer left CM because of a dispute as to how much of a pure simulation the game would be. He wanted a full sim, the higher ups said otherwise. Anyone else heard/read this?

Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back