• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Cockpit View

Discussion in 'F1 2017 - The Game' started by Ryann, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Ryann

Ryann

Ratings:
    +50
    Hi,

I'd like to ask if there is option to enable HUD when in cockpit view. In F1 2016 the HUD was available in all views except the cockpit. Is this the same this year? Also is it possible to make the cockpit view completely static (no look to apex etc.) - again in F1 2016 this wasn't possible.

Is F1 2017 different in this regard?

Thanks.

2. ParkYongLee

ParkYongLee

Ratings:
    +226
    It's possible, yes. Can be done the same way as last year (yes, it was possible, there were mods for it, I was searching around the 2016 forums and stumbled across them). I currently need to update my OSD mods for the latest patch so I have no time right now to create your request.
    Enabling HUD in Cockpit View simply means to re-arrange an existing camera view to a 2nd cockpit cam, this way (and only this way) the HUD will be available.
    Static cam should be possible the same way as last year.

3. Ryann

Ryann

Ratings:
    +50
    Thanks for the reply.

Well, I meant if it's possible natively in the game. I know there are mods for it, but I don't like to use them, since they break almost every time a new patch is released.

4. ParkYongLee

ParkYongLee

Ratings:
    +226
    What's the big issue with mods breaking? The author has to recreate it and you can keep going with original files.
    There is no other way for what you want.

5. Ryann

Ryann

Ratings:
    +50
    The problem is convenience. If I get used to OSD in the cockpit view I "won't be able" to play without it until author updates the mod. And as we know, some mods won't get updated ever. That's why I'm trying to avoid mods. No big deal, just a convenience.

6. dr. Kotasz

dr. Kotasz

Ratings:
    +8
    Yes it's possible. There are now camera options for shaking, look to apex etc. You can set them to zero if you want a static cockpit cam. As regards your other question I know of no HUD in cockpit view.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ParkYongLee

ParkYongLee

Ratings:
    +226
    If you'd want it. I'd create it, maybe at the weekend. As it would be pretty simple to keep it updated, I'd keep it uptodate.

8. Ryann

Ryann

Ratings:
    +50
    Thanks, but that won't be necessary, I'm not getting F1 2017 for now. I just wanted to know if anything changed since 2016.

9. ParkYongLee

ParkYongLee

Ratings:
    +226
    I have no idea why CM has not yet implemented a full HUD for cockpit view. After all it's something that has been created with mods since at least F1 2012 :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,553
    What is it from the HUD that people want to view that they can't get from the wheel in cockpit view?
    The DRS countdown bar?
    The suggested gear?
    The REVs?

I admit I was disappointed in F1 2012 (when i switched to the cockpit view) that i was unable to view that HUD, but I adapted quite quickly without it.

11. Ryann

Ryann

Ratings:
    +50
    In my case, on my setup I don't see the in-game wheel behind my T300 (intentionally), so I need a HUD at the side.

• Like Like x 1