1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch braking

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Ondrej Kapal, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Hey
    I shouldnt do this but as I am in this game so far for a couple of months I still dont know how to brake properly (I was trying a lot of techniques)

Manual clutch:
    I dont want to be the fastest.. I want to have the best real feelings, but I dont know how to brake with manual clutch - if am I braking with clutch engine wont help me with braking and I have longer brake line... but I dont want to brake without clutch, it seems unrealistic... dunno there :confused:

I hope I explained my question clearly :)
    Many thanks
  2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

breaking with a manual clutch isnt like doing it in a real car. ou don't hold the clutch in for the entire braking zone, only when you change gear. that way you still have the engine braking working for you.

3. thanks
    I just cannot associate the engine sound and gear up/ gear down... for example 0:07 - he is changing gears without clutch? or 0:33 - he is changing gears without any drop of pedals? :confused:
  4. A lot of race cars these days can go up through the gears without using the clutch. You do however NEED the clutch when downshifting.
  5. first time I heard this, interesting
    does this only goes for cars with paddle shifts or with a stickshift as well?