Clubsport issue

I'm having an issue with my newly purchased Clubsport pedals on Windows7-64, wherein on starting a sim...any sim and clicking race to go on track, the virtual throttle (in game) is stuck at max. I've gone back and remap all the games I own but I still have the same issue. I can usually get the car to idle by tapping the throttle one time. It's fine after that. It's only on initial entry.
It does the same thing in the Fanatec CSP properties test (i.e... Initially on starting the test all the blue sliders are at the half way position on screen. simply tapping the throttle brings them down to zero value. All is normal after that). I did notice in the Windows device manager that the pedals are listed as HID compliant device instead of Clubsport pedals. Unfortunately Fanatec does not give me an option to allow forcing the pedals to use an individual driver file. The driver is installed as a .exe file in this case Fanatec_64-driver_115.msi.
I've checked all the setscrews at the base of the pedals for security, I've reinstalled the driver, I've updated the firmware...nothing has worked. Anybody ever see this issue?

The issue you are having isn't specific just to those pedals. I have seen that issue with several brands, but have no idea why it is like that. I have gotten used to having to move the pedals through their full range before moving away from the garage in order to get the most out of them.

Upvote 0
What you're describing is specified behaviour. When your PC has started up or the pedals have been connected, the pedals are in an uncalibrated state and by default have 50% output signal to signal this. The first time you press the pedals through their entire range will calibrate the range. This is designed behaviour so that any variations in mechanics or electronics are calibrated out with each new start-up of the pedals.

Upvote 0
@ReDi....Thanks for the reply. I'd never seen this behaviour in any previous pedal set before. It's just a bit of a nuisance when on clicking race to go on track, the throttle goes to max and you have to blip it to get idle. It's a bit annoying but 'liveable'.
I can't say I'm happy with Fanatec's lack of customer support right now. I e-mailed them eight days ago on this and another issue. I still have not received one single reply.

Upvote 0
Is it really a problem? I have this aswell and all you have to do is touch either pedal and they are working fine after that.
Seeing as you sooner or later have to touch your pedals in order to drive i can´t see much a problem here.

Instead of touching your throttle when your in the car already, try touching them after the game has started.

Upvote 0
@ReDi....Thanks for the reply. I'd never seen this behaviour in any previous pedal set before. It's just a bit of a nuisance when on clicking race to go on track, the throttle goes to max and you have to blip it to get idle. It's a bit annoying but 'liveable'.
I can't say I'm happy with Fanatec's lack of customer support right now. I e-mailed them eight days ago on this and another issue. I still have not received one single reply.
As the others stated, just push the pedals when loading the game or even when on the desktop checking your email ;)

As for Support response time, yes they're slow right now because they're swamped in emails since the xmas rush with all the new products.If they haven't responded by Friday, let me know.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back