Club Racing Standards

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
I am not a happy member as I feel the standard of driving within the club at the present time is diabolical.

My opinion on this does not reflect on the regulars to the club, which there are more than a baker's dozen. You guys know who you are and I have no problem with the standard of driving from you and you have my respect because of it.:thumbsup:

I say this because I've been knocked off the track 10 times in 7 races. Partially due to bad luck but mainly stupidity with no respect from another. I'd rather drive with 10 drivers that have patients, consideration and respect, then 20 drivers, half of which have one thing on their minds get to the front at all costs, no matter the consequences.

Far as I know the club is here for fun not for do or die driving. We all do our best to get that win but not at the expense of others, as it is for most. Knocking somebody off and waiting doesn't redeem you from doing something stupid as you still ruined your and more importantly somebody else's race. Just because you waited after knocking somebody off doesn't make it ok. There is absolutely no fun in that approach to racing within the club, that's meant to be for fun.

The only thing I can see that will help is more bans and warnings with punishments if not complied with. I feel that this needs to be enforced vigorously in order to get the fun we are here for.

The public multiplayer server mentality should not be allowed in any way, in any form within the club.

Sometimes I think there should be another stage before go on to the club. Something like 2 or 3 hours of training on race behaviour and racing standards or to acceptable standard before being allowed to join the club events. Just my opinion, not that my opinion would make any difference, as my opinion means nothing...

Mod Edit: I have moved this post to the main forum for general discussion. All views are welcome but please keep things calm and civil. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course there is another fundamental problem when it comes to reporting. The dreaded language barrier which there are many Europeans that are members of race department throughout the clubs. Some of which can barely get the word, IN, when joining a event. Never mind making out a report of an incident. Maybe a form where boxes could be ticked and bilingual when it comes to filling in the report. And maybe the rules could also be bilingual for those it cannot read English. I can only see this helping in getting the reports that need to be reported. Just saying.

PS: I think in having some things bilingual where they are most important will help existing drivers and new ones understand exactly what is expected in the way of standards, rules etc. It can also encourage potentially new members to become members, because the most important things are in the language they can understand. No more scratching head with Google translator.:O_o::roflmao:

Last edited:
Speaking of having things translated for all to understand. I feel sure we have enough European members within race department that would be more than willing to help.
I myself can speak, French, German, Scottish, Swahili and gibberish.:roflmao:

Last edited:
Speaking of having things translated for all to understand. I feel sure we have enough European members within race department that would be more than willing to help.
I myself can speak, French, German, Scottish, Swahili and gibberish.:roflmao:
But why only gibberish on here Calvyn?

lol only joking mate. :thumbsup::D

I don't race that often anymore, but even in the few races I do I noticed the driving standards dropped quite a bit. The problem is that none of the involved seem to bother reporting it, even though the procedure is rather simple now. You hear/see them complaining in TS/the race threads, but that's it. You appear to be one of them Calv, saw you complaining a few times already, but by the looks of it you never reported a thing. Honestly, I think you've got yourself to blame as well then.
You're absolutely right the driving standards have dropped. As I've only been here a year but within that year I have seen it better. Overall the standard of driving within the club is good but undeniably there is definitely room for improvement. And you're also right that people should report more much more. But I don't find the reporting process that simple for all. Even though it's explained, it will still be daunting for some. Especially for the European members some of which I feel sure cannot even read English, regarding rules and the method of reporting etc. Hence my bilingual post.

I find it rather convenient that you've only seen me complain and failed the see the prayers that I have given when a race has gone well for all. I am the first one to graduate everybody on a good clean race and express my joy with bells on. Thanking everybody for a good clean race. Many have witnessed in my joy of a good race. I do this even if I finished further down the grid then I started. I have nothing to blame myself for, for complaining, if I feel it's justified. If you are wronged should I say nothing.. not my style I'm afraid. If things are good or bad, I will say so, am I not entitled to do both. I just wish I could do one more than the other.

As you're not been around much lately, but I still say, knowing a few facts about me, is crucial when making me out as, just a complainer. No offence, but a little unfair don't you think.

Anyway it's not about me complaining,, it's about raising awareness of the standard of driving within the clubs, mainly this one because this is the one I'm racing in. How else can I do that without complaining. I don't take the racing to seriously but I do take my fun serious and I don't like it ruined unnecessarily.

Last edited:
Part of this is caused by the flawed reporting system. I don't understand why the victim would have to reach out to the guy he wants to report to settle it first.
I understand that most things can be settled with just a nice chat and I would prefer that way over the ban, however, the person getting knocked off the track (or something similar) should not be the person reaching out to settle it that way. The "agressor", so to speak, should be the one doing it.
From a personal point of view, I already won't bother reporting anything in VEC if the guy who I wanted to report reaches out to me and owes up to his mistake, even if it was incredibly stupid.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.