Club Motorsports 2023

Tracks Club Motorsports 2023 v0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
ohyeah2389 submitted a new resource:

Club Motorsports 2023 - Photogrammetry-derived model of the "Best Track in America"

Club Motorsports 2023
This track is being built on commission. Updates are likely.

Club Motorsports is a private road course for cars and motorbikes located near Tamworth, New Hampshire. It features around 250 feet of elevation change over its 2.5 mile (4.023 km), 15-turn car circuit, as well as an 8-turn karting layout. Excavation of land for the main circuit began around 2013, with paving beginning in 2016. The circuit hosts track days, kart...

Read more about this resource...

Next update is almost ready...
Screenshot_rss_gt_lanzo_v12_slipangle_clubmotorsports_11-11-123-23-13-5.jpg

ohyeah2389 updated Club Motorsports 2023 with a new update entry:

v0.3 - Major graphics update

Added:
Grass textures
Road textures
Curb textures
Asphalt/Grass edge decals
Properly placed paint lines, including the red-blue runoff decorations
39 more pitboxes and start spots for a total of 40
Trees (credit to Thrashy for texture technique and idea)
CSP water shader config for ponds
Armco barriers
Concrete pit wall
Colliders for walls

Changed:
Track name to "Club Motorsports 2023" to reflect scan date
Extra smoothing applied to specific areas to combat unrealistic bumps

Removed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

v0.4 - Important small details

Added:
Front and back straight brake markers
TV Replay cameras - credit to Leonardo Ratafiá on RaceDepartment
Cones at places cones should be in real life (single cone model used for every cone pending interest in cone model diversity)
Tecpro barriers for kart track and at some areas in the car pits
Catch fencing around car track (model pending possible update)
Winter seasonal texture support for CSP (pending leaf-off textures for relevant trees)

Changed:
Armco shading - added a small...

For anyone having issues with reverb being way too strong, please turn off the (forced on by default in a recent version of CSP) Custom Shaders Patch > General Patch Settings > Audio > "Add extra reverb" setting.

For those interested, I believe this "feature" interacts poorly with the reverb preset I've configured the track to use (MOUNTAINS preset). I'm looking into configuring this reverb function further past the presets pending some appropriate audio reference clips; doing so might help with this interaction.

v0.5 - More important, slightly larger details

Added:
Reverb SFX
Smaller shrubbery and young trees
Digital flags in their real locations (graphics pending updates, especially the lenses)
Start-finish line (unrealistic, but nice-to-have for races) -- will not be present on the future "track day" layout
Leaf-off textures for trees in winter
Slight dead grass effect in fall conditions
Ambient SFX through CSP (pending more season-appropriate sound samples)
Rubber groove textures (pending better skidmarks textures)
Generator lights...

I see that the CM karting track is part of the model…

Are you planning on spinning that off into its own track? If not, are there tutorials somewhere that you recommend (for me) to learn how to make an AC track?

Thanks!

I see that the CM karting track is part of the model…

Are you planning on spinning that off into its own track? If not, are there tutorials somewhere that you recommend (for me) to learn how to make an AC track?

Thanks!
A future update (possibly the next one) will see the addition of two more layout configs for a total of three. One of those will be the kart track in its long layout. I could also add its short layout and reverse configs of the long and short layouts. The other configs will be a realistic trackday-spec layout for the car track and a fictional race-spec config for the car track.

If there is enough interest, I could try porting the model to Kart Racing Pro.

Last edited:
A future update (possibly the next one) will see the addition of two more layout configs for a total of three. One of those will be the kart track in its long layout. I could also add its short layout and reverse configs of the long and short layouts. The other configs will be a realistic trackday-spec layout for the car track and a fictional race-spec config for the car track.

If there is enough interest, I could try porting the model to Kart Racing Pro.
Cool! That would be awesome.

This is great. I frequent this track in real life and can't find much fault with this rendering. Was able to get a 1:39 in a GT4 which I think is what I would expect in real life. Though I take many more liberties in the sim with track limits. I hope you keep working on this!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea