1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mods Closer Head Cameras v1.25

Moves the head camera forwards

1. MoodyB

MoodyB
    Premium Member

MoodyB submitted a new resource:

Closer Head Cameras - Moves the head camera forwards

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. You're right, sorry, my fault. An alternative solution could be zoom out chase cam..

3. MoodyB

MoodyB
    Premium Member

No problem.
    MSportDan's camera mod might be more to your liking as it's done using the dash cam, so you still get the tachometer OSD & has a very similar viewpoint to mine.

4. MoodyB

MoodyB
    Premium Member

MoodyB updated Closer Head Cameras with a new update entry:

DirtRally Closer HeadCams v1.1

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Thanks, very nice, best cams i've tried yet. Makes cockpit view actually playable now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MoodyB

MoodyB
    Premium Member

You're welcome. I've hardly played DR in the past month or so but when the next batch of new content arrives I'll update the cams for the extra cars.

7. Any plans on a new update? I wouldn't play DR nearly as much if it wasn't for your mods! Thanks a ton! The only issue I have noticed is that the camera actually goes through the Lancia Stratos windshield when you use the dash cam. The in game FOV setting doesn't change the position of the dash cam for some reason. Hopefully the new car cams will be finished relatively soon! Thanks man!

Edit: I have been using the Fiat 131 Abarth modded camera file (located in the 131 folder) and it looks okay. It's outside the windshield, but the height is pretty good IMO. It works until there is an update or until I'm able to download BinXML.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  8. MoodyB

MoodyB
    Premium Member

I'll upload an update tonight with cams for the new cars.
    I never noticed the dash cam issue as I only ever use the head cam, and that's the view the mod is intended for.

The dash cam fov can't be tweaked in-game because the values for it in each cars' cameras.xml file are set to the same value for 'minfov' & 'maxfov'.

Nathan Franklin, are you using the head cam or the dash cam on the Fiat 131?

9. MoodyB

MoodyB
    Premium Member

10. I was using the dash cam because the head cam was too high in game. The dash cam was just a bit too far forward but it seemed like the height was pretty close to being perfect.

11. I modified the Stratos dash camera (was too far forward, windshield went through the camera) and also the Lancia Delta Integrale dash camera (was very low, made it a bit higher and pointed it higher in the air rather than at the dashboard).

How could I share these files with you? I tried to upload a .zip but it told me that it isn't allowed... Could I upload the .txt file for you?

12. MoodyB

MoodyB
    Premium Member

PM me a Dropbox link might be the easiest way, or attach the xml if it lets you?

13. It wouldn't let me attach an XML file so I PM'd you a link.

14. MoodyB

MoodyB
    Premium Member

Got it, thanks.

15. MoodyB

MoodyB
    Premium Member

16. Thanks MoodyB!

Edit: I tried your mod 1.25 and as example for the mini 60's or the lancia Fulvia I had not the same FOV as in your 1.2

Did you modify something?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  17. Do you plan on doing an update for the new cars added recently? I absolutely love this mod. Best camera position available in my opinion! :)