Climate Change

I made this thread because this is a significant issue in our world, and, as an American, I feel that we need to lead the charge and look for alternative fuels, biodegradable plastics, and anything else thast promotes a green agenda and saves our ecosystem and prevents the ice caps up North from melting and drowning us all.

This is a political issue in the United States because 2 out of 10 Americans, who proudly affiliate themselves as Republicans, who are blatantly for oilmen, are climate change denialists who believe in "Drill, Baby, Drill!!!" Even Obama has been drilling for oil.

I'm shaking a clenched fist at these asshats because I feel they will kill us all.

I understand that in the U.K. and Canada, there are the same percentage of climate change denialists, but, at least the government does not endorse the stupid people of those respective nations like the U.S.

Believe me, most people in the U.S. mean well.

I don't know what to make out of it, there seems to be a lot of bull**** on both sides to take anyone seriously.

I do agree, we need to move away from fossil fuels. Whether they cause a significant variation on natural climate change, I don't know, but pollution is very damaging to both humankind and nature, so moving away from coal and petrol can only be good. The problem is, the only viable alternative right now would be nuclear, and that seems to be taboo.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, most of the ice caps in the north pole are floating ice. And if I'm not terribly wrong, if floating ice melts down, it won't raise the water level. Now, Antarctica melting down, that would do it.

TL;DR: It shouldn't matter if global warming is real or not, there are plenty of reasons besides it to stop burning fossil fuels.

1) Climate Change or to use it's proper name EVOLUTION is indeed real, the Earth (and Universe) is EVOLVING, it has done it before and will do it again and again and again.
2) The Human Race will either EVOLVE as the Earth EVOLVES or it won't, get over it and move on.
3) At the end of the last ICE AGE there were NO Cars, NO Aerosols, NO Petrol, NO Oil, NO Plastics.
4) So the Ice Caps are melting, it's happened before (See No.3).
5) The Climate Change argument is about raising TAXES.
6) Recycling is about Raising TAXES and PROFIT, in the UK we used to pay to have our refuse taken away (all in one bin) where it was sorted and dealt with, now we pay MORE to have the refuse taken away but WE do part of their job by sorting it into boxes and bins, hence the Refuse Companies\Governments now make more Profit\TAXES. We are also forced to drive our Evil Carbon spewing cars to recycle points to get rid of the stuff the Refuse Companies won't to take away, could that be that there is less Profit in those items?
7) The US\George "The Oil Man" Bush\Halliburton invaded and blew the crap out of IRAQ for their OIL, people are VERY Naive if they think the US, OPEC and yes the UK to a lesser extent are really going to be in any hurry to move away from OIL which they make so much money from, you have more chance of platting fog!

Regards

:rolleyes: It's just been on my local news that Sheffield University has invented a washing powder\additive, if you wash your clothes with this it will apparently remove 2 cars worth of Carbon so by walking around you are cleaning the Earth!

I should have mentioned this before but I have invented magic paper, it's A4 in size and has lines running across each sheet. I have worked out a special deal with Amazon and I can buy pads containing 400 sheets of this magic paper for £4. To use this paper I take one sheet and very carefully fold it in half, then in half again, now I blow on it and it will turn into a Toyota Prius, if you want a specific colour of Prius just write your preferred colour in the 4th line down, so for a Red Prius just write RED (case sensitive), as an added Bonus each sheet will remove at least 100 Carbon Footprints. I'm going to go public with this very shortly but I think it's only fair to offer this first to anyone Gullible enough to believe this climate change garbage, the special price to them will be £10,000 each.

It's actually the southern ice cap that we need to worry about more...The northern cap is mostly floating, so if it melts it won't effect sea level. (same amount of water either way)

The southern cap is largely over land and if it melts then we're all going to be moving to the mountains.

The question isn't about whether climate change is real it's whether humans are effecting climate change. I think you'd have to be pretty stupid to think that we aren't though.

Yes the earth does change and evolve, and yes human life does as well...but I think we should be concerned about how quickly this is all happening. Evolution happens on an eonic scale, but we're seeing the climate changing on a centennial scale...which is terrifyingly fast.

time-magazine-ice-age-global-warming.gif

Can´t trust anyone anymore :)

It's actually the southern ice cap that we need to worry about more...The northern cap is mostly floating, so if it melts it won't effect sea level. (same amount of water either way)

The southern cap is largely over land and if it melts then we're all going to be moving to the mountains.

Although melting the northern cap may not seem too bad (for the sea levels), the alteration of currents due to that mass of ice dissolving could mess with the climate in ways much much worse than 'just' raising the sea level a few meters. Just keep in mind that all Europe apart from Spain, Italy and Greece falls in the same band than Canada. They could have -30C winters in France just as easily as they have them on the other side of the Atlantic.

You can't ignore this topic like it is something that has been made up by media and politics. Or is the age of industrialization and social revolution also something that never happened?

hs9006.jpg

Look at this topic from a slightly different perspective: sustainability, responsibility

ozone-hole-history.jpg

chernobyl.jpg

japan-nuclear3.jpg

mola6-01july2010_gallery_large.jpg

burning_of_rain_forest_1.jpg

Orang_Utan~9_lb.jpg

3908718.jpg

UZ_5624.jpg

africa_comp1.jpg

ak-blood-diamond-28.jpg

ARM_factory_02.JPG

child%20soldiers%20squad%20Sierra%20Leone.jpg

darfur5.jpg

death-in-a-day-s-work.jpg

GL_CO_ClimateChange_Fig1.jpg

smog.jpg

Freeway.jpg

1064211211452831.jpg

O_1000_680_680_21049894.jpg

These are only examples that directly or indirectly influence life on earth.

You can't ignore this topic like it is something that has been made up by media and politics. Or is the age of industrialization and social revolution also something that never happened?
These are only examples that directly or indirectly influence life on earth.
I think a great deal is made up by corporations, bought scientists, politicians and not necessarily media although the media have been used as a tool, as shown by the Time´s Magazine.

Sure we have an impact on life on earth, this is an obvious thing.
Same deal when importing for example one type of fish that effectively will outlive/kill/dominate all other fish species in that area causing them to die out.

The question is how much are we humans involved with the Climate Change.
And how much is the natural life of the Universe/Solar System.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back